• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Off Topic: Things to see and do around Boise..

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
Hope this is the right place....

I'm flying into Boise in November for a wedding in Nampa. I'm from California and have never been to Idaho.

Anyway, the family and I will be there for about 5 days and we would like to know what all of the "must do" items should be on our check list.

I'm looking for advice from locals. I've checked out quite a few sites on the net, but they are mostly biased towards tourists and mostly summer time activities.

We love historic places, odd/obscure sights, ghost towns, old cemeteries.

Just remember, this will be in November and we will be in a rental car.

To give you an idea, here's a couple things we are considering doing:

http://traveloregon.com/see-do/oreg...eritage/jean-baptiste-charbonneau-grave-site/

http://www.ghosttowngallery.com/htme/placerville.htm

Help me add to my list!

I was there and All I really did was drink beer and I drove out to Lucky peak state park to see if we could drive back to the Arrowrock Reservior.Later I found out out we had to head north to get out there not south but it was cool near the water Im not big on 90+ heat.

moon Jason Porter....

Seriously, Jason was a member here in the early oo's we have stayed in touch.
We went to his wedding last summer Boise is a great place!
We drove north out of the city on hwy 55, we went white water rafting at cascade rafting company, had a ball!
McCall is a cool "shopping town" farther up hwy 55.
Lincoln lives there too, but i am unable to describe what you should do to him....

Big Judd's. It's a burger joint that's amazing, it was also on an episode of Man vs Food.

Rockies diner in Boise, gotta try the "Johny be good" burger.. It was on "diners drive ins and dive's" with Guy fatty.. Awesome place!

Back