• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trying to adopt out a dog

rockclimber

Associate
NAXJA Member
a good friend of mine has a 2 year old shepherd that she just doesn't have the time or space to keep.

it is a good dog that needs a loving home with someone who will have the time to train her and love her.

she is fixed and housebroken.

PM me if you are interested

image.jpg

thanks man. I told her I'd give it a shot. it would be awesome if the dog went to a naxja local. probably make a great trail dog.

hmmm...that doesn't look like a shepherd. Is it mixed with something else?

Do you mean German Shepherd? Those have a longhair coat and way different coloration.

That honestly looks like a pit or pit mix to me.

hmmm...that doesn't look like a shepherd. Is it mixed with something else?

Do you mean German Shepherd? Those have a longhair coat and way different coloration.

That honestly looks like a pit or pit mix to me.

german shepherd

Dont have time for it since its no longer a cute puppy?

not really sure what changed, but she is working more now and cannot spend much time at home to take care of the dog.

OT: Sorry, not to bash on your friend or anything, but it really bug me when people get pets, and then dump them when its no longer convenient for them to have them around. Once you have made the commitment to take care of a living thing, you are stuck with it for its life, either be prepared to make the sacrifices to take care of it, or dont get a pet.
/rant

I wish you three the best of luck finding a good home for this dog.

OT: Sorry, not to bash on your friend or anything, but it really bug me when people get pets, and then dump them when its no longer convenient for them to have them around. Once you have made the commitment to take care of a living thing, you are stuck with it for its life, either be prepared to make the sacrifices to take care of it, or dont get a pet.
/rant

I wish you three the best of luck finding a good home for this dog.

I completely agree with you. its the reason I'm not taking the dog. I know I don't have enough time

however if there are things outside of your life that force you to cut the necessary time to the dog, its better to find it a new home than for it to have to be cooped up inside all day...

so...want a dog? I'll deliver :D

My living situation does not permit having a dog at this time
Sorry to crap up your thread, but if it makes even one person think twice about doing that kind of stuff, It will be worth it

My living situation does not permit having a dog at this time
Sorry to crap up your thread, but if it makes even one person think twice about doing that kind of stuff, It will be worth it

No worries mang. Id like the dog to go to a good home so I encourage the conversation

Besides, your posting is keeping the thread at the top where someone useful might see it

Last edited:
german-shepherd.jpg

This is a german shepherd.

Your dog HAS to be a mix. :)

-ears different
-face different
-long coat
-multi-colored coat
-etc,etc. :)

Just fyi. And you're welcome for the free bump.

have to agree, looks to have some pit judging by the pic.
not that there's anything wrong with that, muts are the best!

german-shepherd.jpg

This is a german shepherd.

Your dog HAS to be a mix. :)

-ears different
-face different
-long coat
-multi-colored coat
-etc,etc. :)

Just fyi. And you're welcome for the free bump.

it very well may be, it ain't my dog... dan, I think you need a third dog...:D

Yup, very much agreed.

Mixes often have much lower rates of hip displaysia, cancer, allergies, etc...

Our one and only dog was a mix of Lab and Golden retreiver. She had very few issues at all.

Yup, very much agreed.

Mixes often have much lower rates of hip displaysia, cancer, allergies, etc...

Our one and only dog was a mix of Lab and Golden retreiver. She had very few issues at all.

My pit mix is allergic to flea bites and if i dont apply some sort of flea treatment, they eat her up and her hair falls out from all the itching. This of course, is only an issue during the summer months.

My pit mix is allergic to flea bites and if i dont apply some sort of flea treatment, they eat her up and her hair falls out from all the itching. This of course, is only an issue during the summer months.

Yeah, that was an issue for our retreiver, too. Always killed me seeing her deal with it, cuz I knew it must have itched like a mo-fo.

Flea's can go "eff" themselves. Little bastards.

Back