• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 xj bendix abs

tmd31477

NAXJA Forum User
looking for info to convert the bendix system to a vaccuum booster system. the recall for the bendix system had ben done in 2001 and now the pump is screaming and has no power assist for the brakes.

Why not find a 91 non abs, swap booster , master and lines if needed? I didnt know they even has abs in 91

The recall is basically a lifetime warranty. Go back to the dealer and have them fix it if you dont want to spend any money on it. My dealer still gets these in from time to time. Ive gotten to the point I dont even try to diagnose anything with it, I just replace everything. Or go to the junkyard and get a regular system... good time to upgrade to a dual diapragm booster. Your biggest issue doing this will be the plumbing, as all the hard lines from the old system will have to be redone or reworked to work with the new system.

Not all of the lines will need to be redone. Yes you need to flare and bend a couple. But it's fairly easy. Read the write up on the WJ booster swap. I did it on my 90 that had the same abs and it wasn't bad at all. Many would recommend going that route

Wj or 94-96 booster/mc...

Only have to bend/flare the two prop valve lines, its easy.

97+ boosters will work but your pedal will be higher.

Back