• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stuck shackles

Mpeckham22

NAXJA Forum User
i swapped my shackles for some longer ones and now im going to move them to a higher setting and i have found the bolt that links the leaf and shackle able to (reluctantly) turn, but even hammering it with a 5lb hammer wont get it to budge..... any hints short of a sawzall?
0824022226.jpg

edit: the pic isnt too clear, that is the end of the leaf with the shacke free of the body and hanging down, gas tank to the right, that should orient ya

It could be seized in the spring bushing or it's bent?... those are my guesses, I would cut it and get some grade 8's. antiseize.. get some and put it every bolt that you want to take apart..

they are new bolts, it seems like the are fused in with the bushings....probably from previous torching....

I had the same issue. Sleeve "welded" itself to the bolt. Cut the bolt out on both sides and replace the bolt and sleeve.

got one out trying to replace the bushing but AZ dont have it except on special order and its my dd as well.. thanks for the help tho guys, its working now, more or less

done, thanks for all the advice guys, 1 bushing looks ok and the other is ruined for sure, should i replace both? i did use a torch on them and ive heard once u torch u need to replace the bushing...

Back