• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving drivers seat rearward?

Best way would be to move the front seat mount rewelding it further back. Then drill new holes for the rear and bolt it down. It would be a little work but easy to do. The b-pillar seat belt wouldn't work that well.

Might have something to do with electric compared to manual seats my buddy is 6-7 and doesn't have any issues in his jeep or mine. I don't have these issues since I'm 5-9 lol

The "I need to lose weight 'cause my gut is hitting the steering wheel mod". Hmmm. haven't seen that one on here before.

Tilt the wheel up like a school bus? Get a smaller steering wheel? Lose weight? pick one.

The "I need to lose weight 'cause my gut is hitting the steering wheel mod". Hmmm. haven't seen that one on here before.

Tilt the wheel up like a school bus? Get a smaller steering wheel? Lose weight? pick one.

Now there's a response that just bristles with IQ and remedy. Perhaps instead of consulting the forum on my next query I could just PM you directly?

Seems like a legit response to me. Your first post makes it seem like your gut is the reason you want to move the seat back.

If that is truly the case, then how will your feet reach the pedals?

If not, and you already have the seat as far as it will go and you could still move it back farther, other people have offered other options and have stated that you must be quite tall.

My response is to lose weight since you obviously recognize that you are bigger than you want/should be. Not trying to be a prick, but you are giving the true answer to your problem. If you do relocate the seat rearward and then lose the weight, will the seat be too far back to work? If you plan on selling the Jeep later, would a not-so-tall person be able to drive/buy it?

You can pm me directly if you think my response is too harsh or "bristles with IQ and remedy."

Funny I dont see the word gut in my first post anywhere? If I thought you had anything intelligent to say with regard to getting the seat brackets moved, I'd gladly pm you...but somethings telling me I've just read your best effort.

Sorry I inferred that your gut was the problem. If that is not the case, then what does "I'll admit I could stand to loose a few pounds" have to do with needing to move the seat rearward? If you are self conscious about your weight and that has nothing to do with moving the seat, then why post that? I just can't fit what other problems being overweight would have with sitting in an XJ into my tiny brain.

Apology accepted. Is it me or is it strange that you'd rather pursue a discussion concerning another mans physiology , than one that has anything to do with moving a seat?

Andy, Thank you for your response. The seat belt anchor will become the fly in the ointment.

Now there's a response that just bristles with IQ and remedy. Perhaps instead of consulting the forum on my next query I could just PM you directly?

PM me anytime you like. Just call me Dr. when you do, I like the sound of that.

Sorry I inferred that your gut was the problem. If that is not the case, then what does "I'll admit I could stand to loose a few pounds" have to do with needing to move the seat rearward? If you are self conscious about your weight and that has nothing to do with moving the seat, then why post that? I just can't fit what other problems being overweight would have with sitting in an XJ into my tiny brain.

No need to apologize, he implied that.

legs too long for most rearward condition of stock placement.

I'm not an English major, but your statement here seems easy enough to interpret.
Unbolting the factory seat to check is simple, there might be enough room in the factory mount to alter the position. I replaced my OEM seat with a Mastercraft and made a 3/16" adapter wide enough to move the seat back an inch - it might work with a stock seat too.

Do you have power or manual seats? I do have to replace my track since I think my beyond excessive weight killed the motors and stuck me in the same spot to some extent, only I've been thinking about swapping that out for a plain old manual track since that won't have any motors to burn out or as much other stuff to go wrong.

6ft 7" and no problems huh ? that sounds like he likes his knees in his throat .
Im like 6 ft 2 and its a bit snug in there but i can live with it .

My buddy his brother and dad are all like 6ft 11" and they simply dont fit in the jeep , even for a short ride to the store.

this is however an 01 4 door without power seats . I beleive there is more room in the earlier models and possibly in 2 doors as well.

Btw Whats the Deal with all the assholes in this thread ?

Congratulations you guys have succeeded in being internet Jerks ,
Now go out in the real world and act like that so someone can knock you on your ass

Last edited:
Back