• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifts

Luke95

NAXJA Forum User
What is the best lift for $850 with shocks?
I am likeing the rubicon express lifts myself, but am open minded.:cheers:

From everything that I have been told, RE is not the way to go. They apparently changes their manufacturing location to somewhere for cheap labor and their parts have become cheap as well. Unless the RE is made in the USA steer away from it. But that is what I have been told. Old Man Emu is fantastic and they have a really nice warranty and will replace anything if you aren't satisfied. That's just my 2 cents.

Look at Skyjacker, they are a good option. I got mine off of a cherokee with 385,000 miles in the junkyard. It is still doing good to this day. Shocks, Coil Springs and Add-a-leafs. I eventually had to get ride of the track bar bracket since it didn't like flexing alot (off road only). :patriot:

From everything that I have been told, RE is not the way to go. They apparently changes their manufacturing location to somewhere for cheap labor and their parts have become cheap as well. Unless the RE is made in the USA steer away from it. But that is what I have been told. Old Man Emu is fantastic and they have a really nice warranty and will replace anything if you aren't satisfied. That's just my 2 cents.
RE does out source some of it's parts production outside the USA, that is true. But you'd be hard pressed to find any manufacturer that doesn't, or at the very least, bilt products with components that are made outside the USA.

We live in a global economy....that's the way it is.

I started selling RE as soon as they re-opened and have had very few warranty claims and those were handled very promptly by the good folks at RE.

Buy RE with confidence.

What is the best lift for $850 with shocks?
I am likeing the rubicon express lifts myself, but am open minded.:cheers:

Pretty open ended question there bud...

What size of tires do you want to run?
What kind of wheeling do you do? Moab every week or mall krawl to Sears?
How important is ride quality to you?
What’s your drivetrain?

Little more info will help us give you some better answers...

I started selling RE as soon as they re-opened and have had very few warranty claims and those were handled very promptly by the good folks at RE.

Buy RE with confidence.

If you don't mind my asking, how long has it been since they re-opened? I ask becasuse the big complaint that I'd be worried about is sagging of the leaves. That's a problem which could take a year or two to really make itself known, right?

Everything I'm reading tells me RE was great and now they've got an asterisk by their name. I think they've still got the "get more than you pay for" or at least "more than advertized" in the height department (meaning: a "3.5" inch lift will actually be a bit more than that), which sounds great, buuuut, if it's going to settle down to stock height in a couple years . . . well, that's what scares me.

I was PLANNING on going with an RE super-ride for my DD until all of this "parts made in India start sagging right away" stuff, and I'd love to believe that it's all just "buy USA" hype. But if I have to replace my lift after a couple years, The Wife is going to put the kabosh on my little project here, so I've got to pick my components carefully.

Any thoughts?

Over a year.

All leafs will sag over time, how quickly is dependent on the amount of weight carried and the type of wheeling they are used for. Obviously someone that runs nothing but hardcore trails every weekend is going to see his suspension wear out a lot faster than the occasional weekend trail rider.

Take a look at page 83 of the following link for warranty info:
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/info/catalog.aspx

Oh wow I didnt know about the india stuff :wow:
Im looking for around 3 inches Ide prefer to have some money left over for a sye... if not atleast a hack and tap.

Tires I want to run are 33's or 32's
I am gonna be wheeling it every weekend with 2 trips to the moab already planned. :us:

dana 35 and 30

Last edited:
I see well can you tell me more about the 3.5 superflex kit?

Untill I get the lift ill have a s10 bastard pack so I have to ask do to that giving two inches of lift can I just get the AAL?:viking:

I love the setup though looks alot better than rough country....

True enough. I Think im going to go with that setup the way you posted it.
Do you think ill need a sye off the bat? :hang:

I keep reading your post thinking if u are only wanting 3 inches of lift and don't mind a crappy on road ride why not grab some f150 springs 2 full leaf packs out of an s10 or exploder and some jk shocks u will have 600 left for beer and good tires

I am happy with my RE 3.5" and bilstein 5100's. IMO it rides great and performs well. My buddy thinks it rides just as nice as his Ome lift on his xj

I see well im looking at trying to save some money
I really like the kit but I have to ask any one have any luck with rusty's?

I haven't had a rustys lift but just some of the parts and I can tell you the price looks good till you get the shipping rate and.. the powdercoating on the rustys products are lousey (especially with the CT weather) the standard white shocks suck IMO, whatever you do buy bilsteins 5100's and it would be best to peice a lift together, thats how I did mine and I couldn't be happier with the stuff I chose.
you can realistcally find some good deals on used springs but new shocks, brake lines ubolts and TB's.

Back