• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0L Moroso "Hi Performance" Oil Pan

I don't think it would work on the XJ. The exhaust goes right where that driver's side kick out is. Has some baffels, a better shield for the sump and more capacity, not a whole lot interesting. It looks like they took one of those cheap aftermarket oil pans (wrinkled metal on the back) and welded a new bottom on. For $400 I'll pass even if it did fit. Now, if they put a little more clearance in the front and added a windage screen it might be nice.

Looking at the photos, you can see where the Drivers side of the pan has a reduced kickout in it as compared to the Passenger side of the pan. It appears they are allowing for the exhaust.

I will be more than happy for someone else to be a guinea pig though. And, that cost of it is inline with other pans of it's type. Performance is not cheap anywhere else in the world why should it be cheap for us?

I do like the baffle for the oil pump. That and the extra sump space would be nice.

Looks cheaply made for $400. If someone is looking for extra capacity then just get a larger oil filter. The Wix 51515 or Motorcraft FL1A holds about .5 quart more. The 4.0 has a fairly large sump and short trippers probably don't get the oil to operating temp anyway.

Looks cheaply made for $400. If someone is looking for extra capacity then just get a larger oil filter. The Wix 51515 or Motorcraft FL1A holds about .5 quart more. The 4.0 has a fairly large sump and short trippers probably don't get the oil to operating temp anyway.

I agree completely. Looks like they started with a cheap pan to begin with. Once I installed my oil temp gauge I was amazed at how much longer it took the oil to get up to temp after the coolant was up.

I agree completely. Looks like they started with a cheap pan to begin with. Once I installed my oil temp gauge I was amazed at how much longer it took the oil to get up to temp after the coolant was up.

How did you mount your oil temp gauge? I've been meaning to mount one on mine.

Back