• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shifting gears a bit here.

toyotawrench

NAXJA Forum User
So in driving home tonight, I was thinking back on some good memories of wheeling/camping with naxja folk. So I decided to start a thread about good memories, and specifc events that stand out to you over the years (or however long) you have been wheeling with naxja.

My very first learning of naxja, was in azusa (of all places lol), grimm, and it was either silverslk with him or Kracker (cant remember), any who, one of them hydro locked their engine, and needed a spark plug socket, and grimmy says hey check out naxja im grimmjeeper on there later!. Got on a few years later me and grimm are good friends. Another very good memory was the first time I Took my wj out (7 or 8 days after I bought it) to azusa, had my gf with me, went with grimm, and someone else can't remember. But grimmy has a video of that shows the inside of my wj just throttled with mud. haha good times. Another good one was pulling some sort of grade. I in the wj again pull up next to ryno and we drag raced up this grade. Last but not least, the first time I ran cleghorn. EVERYONE was there, it was at least 30-40 rigs. good times. And I hope for many more.

ok your turn!

peace
ted

First time out with NAXJA. Those were the days. Calico, Many years go, whatever my join date was, it was that february if I remember right. I lurked on here for a while, built my heep with little research or input from here, then met up with some guys to try it out. I towed a 22 foot, 1978 (read really farkin heavy) travel trailer up cajon pass to get there. Forgot the key somehow to my hitch, had to run the whole trail with a HUGE dropped load leveling hitch. Talk about dragging ass. LOL. I remember Sequoia decided to taco a control arm out in the desert somewhere, Rabbit spent a bit of time straightening it with some persuasion for a large hammer and some welding. I sat around the campfire with Captain Ron, Remi, TBent, Rabbit, Sequoia, and a small handfull of others. I felt very uneasy, but realized shortly how awesome these guys were. Spent the next few years trying to be as cool as them...now of course I realize they are all Jerks and assholes. ;) I fit right in.

Here are my memories

bought my rig in 09 from CL from a kid who's dad was a NAxja Member ( I was not aware of this at the time ) . When I bought the rig it sat on 31's had a broken drivers seat, the guy mentions to check this site out as i could probably find a seat for my rig for next to nothing. He says, "people sell things cheap on there or give awaye parts for free sometimes", I couldn't believe it but whatever, I went on and registered.

Upon registering i find that his dad is a NAXJA member and offers to not only give me the tire carrier for the rig, but also gives me a free spare to go along with the tire carrier. He even went so far as to trouble shoot a transmission issue that turned out to be a blown fuse for the transmissions Control unit. This guy was super nice and I never see much of him anymore on the site. He went by the Screen name DEWEY.

After i did all that i find out about Socal fest and immediately want to attend. TerryG ( yeah, i know :/ ) offers me a campsite spot for the event and i accept. Upon getting to the campsite I am greeted with a cold beer and offers to help me set up camp. No more than 5 minutes into setting up, Drunken skwerly stumbles onto the campsite and starts chatting us up. He goes on about i dont know what but i recall it all being super funny.
I believe I also met WISER at that even and later on goes on to help me install a locker on my heep. HE was apparently friends with Leeps kid and that night, after the install, we hit up cleghorn at midnight. It was a blast and i have to admit, i wasnt too fond of wheeling in the dark but I made it unscathed.

After all of this, it was run after run up to cleghorn and Big Bear. This of course, was when gas wasn't as expensive and i could afford to go out almost every weekend. It was for sure a good time and met a lot of good people.

I really do miss wheeling and wish i could afford to go out more often. For now, ill have to settle for wheeling trips once a Month if that :/

If it weren't for this place, I think i would have sold my rig a long time ago.

Cheers!

Cool Thread.
My first Naxja meet/trip/run/camp/fest was Calico 2012. I spent months prepping the jeep and broke down on the way up there. Death wobble destroyed me. My kids were wayyyy to excited to see a bunch of jeeps, so we loaded up the 2wd Tundra and blazed out there.

Unfortunately I camped right next to JohnX and his dog. That dog loves my balls.

I met a bunch of you folks, and even won a sweet chrome d44 diff cover.

I'm here to stay.

DEWEY still comes out to the desert and gives me a call to join in playing out here.Him and his wife are great folks that like to use there jeep for fun

DEWEY still comes out to the desert and gives me a call to join in playing out here.Him and his wife are great folks that like to use there jeep for fun

I remember him talking about a friend in Sky valley. I take it he was talking about you?

Met Tony(TCM_GLX) when crewing for the 1710 jeep and he invited me to Azusa. After that signed I up for the site, did quite a few runs and some night cleg runs. Had quite a few wrench parties(more parting then wrenching). Did floppy Mj lift here, did tony long arm lift here. Did Grimms Entire drivetrain swap here and may rescues for those in need. Made a bunch of cool peeps.

Good Times!

Met Tony(TCM_GLX) when crewing for the 1710 jeep and he invited me to Azusa. After that signed I up for the site, did quite a few runs and some night cleg runs. Had quite a few wrench parties(more parting then wrenching). Did floppy Mj lift here, did tony long arm lift here. Did Grimms Entire drivetrain swap here and may rescues for those in need. Made a bunch of cool peeps.

Good Times!

You and your son are good peoples. Miss hanging out with him and Anthony. It's also too bad he sold his jeep. I remember gong up to John Bull with Tim and Anthony and your kid putting it in 1st and ghost riding it up some small hill. Good times!

You and your son are good peoples. Miss hanging out with him and Anthony. It's also too bad he sold his jeep. I remember gong up to John Bull with Tim and Anthony and your kid putting it in 1st and ghost riding it up some small hill. Good times!

Yep, he came home with stories all the time. I am working on getting him setup with another jeep again so maybe if the economy picks up hell be jeeping again before we know it.

Scott - Please tell Drew and Robin that I said hi.

My first NAXJA outing was in late 2003. I hadn't met anybody yet. I went out to Los Coyotes Indian Reservation to meet up with Mike R, Marisha, Charles S, Rick, Remi, and Rabbit. Had a great time. I was amazed to see Mike climb El Hill and I was stoked to get through Glass Alley with no damage.

I enjoyed myself so much that I went to the Rubicon and Moab with NAXJA in 2004.

Yeah, Gerr gave timothy that jeep as he wanted to build one for a school project. He got it and it had 3 flat tires, missing motor parts, more trash than my dumpster would hold, but timothy built a pretty nice rig from it.

If it were not for the generousity of Gerr, timothy prob would have made cookies for his project.

Yeah, Gerr gave timothy that jeep as he wanted to build one for a school project. He got it and it had 3 flat tires, missing motor parts, more trash than my dumpster would hold, but timothy built a pretty nice rig from it.

If it were not for the generousity of Gerr, timothy prob would have made cookies for his project.

What a jerk :twak:

nice thread Ted. i havent been around long so i dont have a lot of cool stories, but i cant recall a single bad time when a group of us got together to have some beers or to wheel. i've met some good friends from here and continue to meet new ones pretty much every week when a run is posted.
I cant wait till it cools down some so we can all get out and do another big truckhaven, corrall canyon, or JV run.

thread_is_worthless.jpg

Oh yeah, after I rolled my first XJ on the Rubicon in 2006, I had a swap party to transfer parts from the old XJ to the new one. Seventeen NAXJA members showed up to help. I will never forget that.

Back