• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix fan ?'s

Chuckanut

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 Renix that I've been having problems with the aux fan with recently. So far I replaced the relay and sending unit/sensor. Fan still will not kick on. Is there a fuse for these? If so where is it located? I jumpered the motor and fan turns. Also, the relay I got has 4 pins and the old one had 5 pins. Did they get me the wrong relay? Also AC is unwired, and has been since I got the XJ. Thanks

is the switch in the radiator getting power?

and have you checked the fusible links?

renix got no proper fuses. Welcome to fusible link hell my friend.

Lol. Well, I drove it around today. Never got over 220* until I pulled up to my shop, then it reached 220* maybe a little over then the fan kicked on. I guess after I replaced everything I never let it heat up enough.:doh: Thanks thoug

^didnt read the thread...

For future reference, if you look at the drivers side of the radiator you will see the temperature switch. It has 2 wires coming from it, this is what turns your fan on at ~220. Follow those wires and you will find a 2 pin weatherpack connector. Unplug it and jump the female pins, the fan should come on. This will tell you if your wiring, fuses, relays, etc are good and you just need a new temperature switch.

Back