• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where can I buy a bolt for the axle track bar mount?

Khary23

NAXJA Forum User
I stripped the bolt or nut on the axle mount track bar and really need to find replacements for both soon. I have checked my local Lowes, AutoZone, and Home Depot with no luck.I plan on calling local dealer in the morning but want as many options as possible. I am moving on Tuesday so this is kind of urgent and I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks is advance!

Re: Where can I buy a bolt for the axlee track bar mount?

Figure out what size they are and buy a grade8 bolt (or metric equivalent) and nut at the local hardware shop. Have a shop weld a flag onto the nut. Install.

That's the metric equivalent he was referring to...

So Lowes has a 75mm would that work?

As long as the size/thread pitch are the same as the nut, then as long as it is long enough should be plug n pray.

You can drill out the mounts to take larger bolts. Mine wallowed out a couple times. I'm currently running 1/2" bolt in it. Drilling the sleeve for the bushing out was tricky.

TSC has the best selection of metric hardware in my area.

The local independent farm & fleet type store is the only place in town I can find higher grade Metric hardware.

You could hit the stealership, too. I believe the part numbers are 6505549AA and 52087888 for the bolt and flag nut, respectively. I would think they should have them, or could get them quickly; I believe they are used in other DCPJ cars.

wait, grade 8?
so you replaced a 10MM bolt with a 3/8s?

it will wallow the hole because it has slop.

wait, grade 8?
so you replaced a 10MM bolt with a 3/8s?

it will wallow the hole because it has slop.

Crap I did not know that. How long do you think till it wallows out? I had to drive 200 miles today I hope that did not screw it up. I will defiantly get that M10-1.5 x 75mm from lowers tomorrow.

Last edited:

Replace it as soon as you can.

IIRC, it's not a metric 10.9 hardness, more like 12.9. Torque spec is something like 75 ft./lbs, that'll snap the softer bolt right off.

I honestly don't remember where I got a replacement, might have been at a dealership. None of the local hardware stores carried metric 12.9 hardness fasteners.

Back