• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling of yesteryear

Your growing up so fast.......i'm so proud of you :,) seems like only yesterday you were following me on hells revenge in a LIL black XJ :laugh3:

That was a good yr. i had tons of fun that yr, lead a few trails met some amazing people i'm still in contact with to today. ahhh the memories of the good ol days :)

BTW: now thanks to you i'm going to end up going through all my pics of the FF from the 20th to now.....gonna be a looooong night :D

Your growing up so fast.......i'm so proud of you :,) seems like only yesterday you were following me on hells revenge in a LIL black XJ :laugh3:

That was a good yr. i had tons of fun that yr, lead a few trails met some amazing people i'm still in contact with to today. ahhh the memories of the good ol days :)

BTW: now thanks to you i'm going to end up going through all my pics of the FF from the 20th to now.....gonna be a looooong night :D

LOL! That was my first time on Hell's Revenge and up Hell's Gate. I remember looking up from the bottom of the gate thinking it was so steep, I would have to keep up my momentum so I didn't spin out on the way up.

I took it on the fast side and when I got to the top you said something like, "a little quick, but good job". I had to pull the seat cover out of my crack.

medium800.jpg

orig.jpg

I'll play.....

XJ-moab.jpg

2002, IIRC. If you've got a good spotter, Hell's Gate is far more intimidating than difficult.

Very good, Charles, very good!

I wish I was going to make this year, but it's just not going to happen.

:eek: Is that what hell's gate looks like from the bottom? Is it bad to run up that if I'm driving it 1500 miles to wheel there?

:eek: Is that what hell's gate looks like from the bottom? Is it bad to run up that if I'm driving it 1500 miles to wheel there?
I drove out from Chicago, pulling a pop-up trailer, did Hell's Gate, and drove back to Chicago. Pick a good spotter, listen to them, IGNORE EVERYBODY ELSE, and Hell's Gate isn't that difficult. I did it on 4.5", 31x10.50s and 2 limited slips, it's been done on 3" and a single limited slip.

I drove out from Chicago, pulling a pop-up trailer, did Hell's Gate, and drove back to Chicago. Pick a good spotter, listen to them, IGNORE EVERYBODY ELSE, and Hell's Gate isn't that difficult. I did it on 4.5", 31x10.50s and 2 limited slips, it's been done on 3" and a single limited slip.

I only listen to one spotter! It just looks intimidating from the bottom. Should be around 4" with a truetrac rear and lockright up front by then.

One thing that you won't understand until you get out there is the amount of traction you get (assuming it's not wet.) It's like walking on sandpaper.

Back