• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are the "normal" expected characteristics or 2 lunch box lockers

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4" lift on 31s. D30/8.25. Just installed a brand new Spartan upfront and slight used (1000 miles) Aussie in the rear. I know clacking and unloading is a norm, but to what extent. This thing is pretty tough to drive on the street now. If it's suppose to be like this then that is ok, but feels like something is wrong. If I jack up the axle and rotate in opposite direction, the lockers disengage correctly, Gap was good on install. When parking slowly it starts to click quitely then binds and unloads with a huge pop. While turning on road some times it pops in the middle and jerks my wheel hard. Just feels like it binds to much. Clicking is fine, but I get a lot of loud clacking, popping and binding/jerking. I also have very limited steering wheel movement. Is this all normal? If not what the hell did I do? lol

Whats the specs on you rig? 231 or 242 t case? Whats your front alignment like? (Toe especially) Are you rear brakes adjusted properly?

Back