• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

34x9.50x15s

03cobra

NAXJA Forum User
my 95 xj has a 4.5in rough country lift and tryin to find out if 34x9.50s will fit:confused: im running 235-85-16s now and want to go bigger and stay with a skinny tire.

With a good bump stop set up, pretty sure you can get them to fit. Your going to really limit the up travle and full stuff with big bump stops though. When i was at 4.5", i trimmed and had plenty of room for 33x12.50. Why a 34" tire though? It only gives you an additional 1/2" maybe over a 33" tire.

What axles you running?

With a good bump stop set up, pretty sure you can get them to fit. Your going to really limit the up travle and full stuff with big bump stops though. When i was at 4.5", i trimmed and had plenty of room for 33x12.50. Why a 34" tire though? It only gives you an additional 1/2" maybe over a 33" tire.

What axles you running?

Because they are 3" narrower than a 33x12.5. He said he wanted a skinny tire, that would be the one.

because 34x9.50 tires are awesome.
I ran them for years on 3" of lift.
about an extra inch of bumpstop in the front, but being an MJ I got big wheel arches in the back. That's where you'll run into issues on the XJ.

They're closer to 33" tire sized anyway, but they do have some of the deepest tread of any super swamper @ 27/32. Being skinny if you choose a wheel that tucks them into the fender you can keep your uptravel, because they will go inside the outer fender and not get chewed up like a wide tire.

DSCF0608.jpg

DSCF0610.jpg

DSCF0609.jpg

that's a nearly new 34x9.5 on 3" of lift. It's a 15x8 wheel with too much backspace, but that's what they came with. I later switched to a 15x7 with 3.75" BS. Worn out 31x10.5 on a factory wheel for reference.

DSCF0615.jpg

don't be a pansy with the grinder. That's cut back to the middle of the bolt that holds the fender to the pinch seam.

My wiener approves
DSCF0612.jpg

Your weiner has gained a few pounds since then! :D

I ran the same tire. On one trip. They're heavy as hell. I took them off after they ripped my knuckle off.

Neither of my Wieners approve.

they were heavy, but I wheeled them for years on a stock HP D30 with 297x shafts/31spl. 8.8 and never broke a shaft or anything else.

My current 35's weigh less, same wheels.

Boy, mine sure broke.

I busted a shaft and separated the ball joints. That was a fun day.

I bet.

I wheeled on those tires for about 4 years, did Tellico, Harlan all that in the rocks. Never broke anything in the axles.

5spds are better ;)

im running stock axles with 3:07s gear for now, i have a set of 4:10s out of a 98 2.5l 5speed xj im going to install as when i get a set of 34x9.50s tsl

Back