• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Sway Bar

kr2590

NAXJA Forum User
Kinda in a jam here as I need to get my front sway bar back on quickly for state inspection. Just bought the jeep and the front sway was in the back seat with all new bushings and JKS discos. Can anyone give me a quick guide on how to reinstall the bar or some pictures? I know its fairly self explanatory but I am a little unsure where exactly I bolt the sway bar bushing into the frame up front. No need to advise on the JKS install that is easy part.

Anyone have any words of wisdom and/or photos?

Bolt it up to the end links and push it up towards the front cross member. It should land right between two sets of bolt holes in the "frame". Super easy, just wrap the two bushings around the bar, slide them to the bolt hole spots and cover with the bushing bracket, bolt em' up. Should take about 5 minutes IF yiou still have the bolt holes with the nutserts inside.

Yea that IF the nuts are still there is the hundred dollar question. If they are not do you have any suggestions for a quick fix?

I would be less concerned with them being there, and more concerned with the rust and crap in the threads since thy've been exposed for who know how long.

running a tap through them might not be a bad idea.
If you don't have a tap, get the proper size bolt and clut a slot up the threads. Use that to clean the threads out.

I would be less concerned with them being there, and more concerned with the rust and crap in the threads since thy've been exposed for who know how long.

running a tap through them might not be a bad idea.
If you don't have a tap, get the proper size bolt and clut a slot up the threads. Use that to clean the threads out.

This. ^^^

Also, for reference, they bolt into the holes right where the rails start to go up again as you move back from the bumper. :)

If the nuts are NOT there, as with mine, where 3 of 4 were broken, I was able to put new nuts on there by removing the bumper and accessing the holes that way. The hardest one to get to is the back one on the driver side. Luckily for me that was the only one still intact. It took some doing to get nuts on the bolts but it can be done.

Back