• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has Rotopax?

xj bmx

NAXJA Forum User
Probably not he pest place to post this, but who has them and where did you mount them? I would like to put them inside but I'm not sure where since I didn't order them yet.

Personally, I looked at them and decided against them.

They mount very well on tire carriers or roof racks, though.

Just pick up a few of their propriatary mounts. They'll bolt up to any flat surface easily. I think they have locking mounts, that you could use on one of the mounts on a bigger one, or as the main mount on a smaller one.

those are only 4 gallons???? thats a huge amount of space. i'd much rather have jerry cans.

You know how much space?

Eight gallons.

Sorry. Had to.

After seeing these though, I think I might have to get a water and survival kit to go where my factory spare was.

I got mine with my JCR Offroad rear bumper, which has mounts for them. No pics of the installed bumper yet, so here comes the pic from their shop:
XJ-CNFDeluxe1.jpg

I got mine with my JCR Offroad rear bumper, which has mounts for them. No pics of the installed bumper yet, so here comes the pic from their shop:
XJ-CNFDeluxe1.jpg

Sweet Bumper! I'm going with this also but don't forget to get the built in lights or you can't see $hit backing up from the B/U light blockage.

I have the front bumper on now and I'm very happy with the beef where needed but not unneeded weight.

Wonder if we can mod it for 4 cans instead of 2 - should not cost too much overhang distance or weight.

Rotopax are so pricey.. But so cool.. I love / hate them and I'm building a rear bumper soon-ish. I just don't think they're worth the money when I can buy 5gal Jerry cans from Harbor Freight for $35 a pop.

I'm trying to decide if I even want gas cans on my bumper, that's a lot of weight. I don't do very long trips and a trail trailer is in the works for future expedition-style trips, I might just mount gas cans on there for when I need the extra range.

I'm very disappointed in mine. I have the JCR bumper posted above with the 2 rotopax on the tire carrier. They warp and expand in weird ways in medium heat, in vegas heat they are getting destroyed. They bloated so much its rubbing on the hatch of the jeep.

The method of attaching is nice and they look cool but the plastic construction is their downfall. Plus the pour spout has a lock on it that you twist. First time using the packs they both broke, horrible quality for such an expensive item.

I'm using them because I'm commited with the JCR bumper but I highly recommend against them for anyone considering them. I used 2 jerry cans for 10 years without one issue, stick with those.

Hmmm... Things must have changed. I got mine pre-CARB so the pour spouts are flawless.

Mine do bloat in the heat or huge gains in altitude, but it's really not that much.

The grab handles all the way around the pack make it so easy to fill the tank on the Jeep.

I love my Rotopax.

I have them on the roof rack in two different combos -

2x2gal + 2x3gal in two layers and lox handles

2x2gal + 1 First aid + 1 2gal water and lox handles.

I used the universal mount bolted to the roof rack.

Works great, out of reach, sits very low in the rack - good stuff...

I'm very disappointed in mine. I have the JCR bumper posted above with the 2 rotopax on the tire carrier. They warp and expand in weird ways in medium heat, in vegas heat they are getting destroyed. They bloated so much its rubbing on the hatch of the jeep.

The method of attaching is nice and they look cool but the plastic construction is their downfall. Plus the pour spout has a lock on it that you twist. First time using the packs they both broke, horrible quality for such an expensive item.

I'm using them because I'm commited with the JCR bumper but I highly recommend against them for anyone considering them. I used 2 jerry cans for 10 years without one issue, stick with those.

Well I'm sorry to hear they have not been as useful as they look. Did you try to get the spouts warrantied by Rotopax? I would think they would want to know about such a deficiency.

We have hot summers but I'm still going to give them a go because I can choose fuel / water / first aid / storage - guess I'm sold on the options.

Ya that is shitty to hear your displeased with them, maby i will go to jeeperz creeperz and handle them first. I hope they warranted them.

Back