• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inner steering box brace/spacer.

JoeyBottles

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anybody has any dimensions for an inner steering box plate. I'm looking into making my own, but my xj is a DD and I only have limited time to work on projects. Thank-you all in advance.

The problem with buying it is I really don't have the money for mods right now. I can get the metal free. I just don't want to take the old spacer out and have it break and not be able to re-use it before I make the new one.

Make a template of the unused holes on the PS framerail, they're a mirror image. Or just pull the bolts and make, only takes a few minutes to make one.

Do what foxwar said (kinda) grab a stock steering box spacer and copy the dimesions of the were the holes are placed and thinkness and look on JCR's site and you will see how they tie it in with the last factory bolt whole were the boumper bolts go to. it's fairly easy/str8 forward.

Back