• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear disc brake conversion

New98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Bought the Teraflex rear conversion kit for a 98 XJ. Quadratec listed it as 'bolt-on' - which it is except for the welding and fabricating that it requires. I can't weld where I live so it's got to go elsewhere - can anyone recommend a shop in the LA area that they'd trust with this?

Thanks in advance.

I have the Teraflex rear disk brake conversion kit for my '89 Dana 44 and it was Bolt On; no welding. I am totally happy with the Kit.
What rear axle are you putting it on?

I'm putting it on the Chrysler 8.5. The tabs for the brake lines need welded on and it needs the hard lines shortened and flared.

FYI - I called FourX Doctor in Burbank and the tool that answered the phone bad mouthed the kit, tried to talk me out of it, then argued with me about the benefits. SO frustrating. I just want somebody to tell me time, money, then do it.

I'm putting it on the Chrysler 8.5. The tabs for the brake lines need welded on and it needs the hard lines shortened and flared.
FYI - I called FourX Doctor in Burbank and the tool that answered the phone bad mouthed the kit, tried to talk me out of it, then argued with me about the benefits. SO frustrating. I just want somebody to tell me time, money, then do it.

Yeah the tabs could be welded on... mine are not at this time and i did not have to shorten the brake line and it works just fine. The fittings are the same size as the new lines (3/8 if i remember correctly)
Yeah the kit is a little over priced but i did not want to mess with used ones at a junk yard... some times i get sick of fixing used parts. So i went with this kit. I love it! It comes with everything you need and you can go 5x5.5 with the rotors; which i will down the road.

Back