• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evens waterless coolent?

After seeing the video I am sold on it. Next time I get the chance I think I will change to this coolant. No pressure in the cooling system means no seepage from that tiny little spot on my radiator which only seeps at high pressure. This stuff literally cannot biol over because it has no water in it. Also, no water means no corrosion. That means no flooded carpet from a corroded heater core. I am all over this stuff.

The video looks good. I'm about to instal a CSF 3 row and think I might just try this stuff.

Seriously, what do you guys think about it?

It was pointed out to me that the rest of my rig is no longer OEM and is getting further away from OEM by the day...

Funny how that works.

I ran this in my 7.3 powerstroke for about 3 years. The good thing about it in the diesel truck is it prevents you from having to add SCA's which are sort of a PITA. I changed to Extended life coolant when my waterpump went bad just because i could not source some right away. I am not sure how you would run it in a Cherokee because in my Ford they had you drill a hole in the coolant cap to relieve pressure from the system. In the end I have to say it is not really worth the hassel when you can run gold (ELC), the advantages are not that great compared to the cost and not being able to just go down to the store and buy it

jmho

I ran this in my 7.3 powerstroke for about 3 years. The good thing about it in the diesel truck is it prevents you from having to add SCA's which are sort of a PITA. I changed to Extended life coolant when my waterpump went bad just because i could not source some right away. I am not sure how you would run it in a Cherokee because in my Ford they had you drill a hole in the coolant cap to relieve pressure from the system. In the end I have to say it is not really worth the hassel when you can run gold (ELC), the advantages are not that great compared to the cost and not being able to just go down to the store and buy it

jmho

This stuff never goes bad. So why couldn't you just collect it if a pump goes bad and reuse it? At $40 a gal.. Seems like thats what i would do.

I don't know that I'd pull the gasket off the radiator cap, but cutting the spring so that it can spill into the overflow would make sense.

The whole reason for a pressurized system is to raise the boiling point above operating temperature. Sounds like Evan's has this figured out. I'm not sure if there's a down side to running a pressurized system with Evan's (point it out on their website if you know it,) but I'm not aware of anything that doesn't expand at least a little as it heats up. Okay, water is a special case, highest density is around 3-4 degrees C.

Interesting stuff. It does sort of read like snake oil, but if it does, I can see the benefits. I suspect it'd make the most difference with electric fans, with a mechanical fan, you'll need to get a new clutch to engage at a higher temperature.

I don't know that I'd pull the gasket off the radiator cap, but cutting the spring so that it can spill into the overflow would make sense.

The whole reason for a pressurized system is to raise the boiling point above operating temperature. Sounds like Evan's has this figured out. I'm not sure if there's a down side to running a pressurized system with Evan's (point it out on their website if you know it,) but I'm not aware of anything that doesn't expand at least a little as it heats up. Okay, water is a special case, highest density is around 3-4 degrees C.

Interesting stuff. It does sort of read like snake oil, but if it does, I can see the benefits. I suspect it'd make the most difference with electric fans, with a mechanical fan, you'll need to get a new clutch to engage at a higher temperature.
It would likely take a good while to get all of the residual water out of the system so I would not want the system pressurized so that the water can escape. I can't wait to flush out my junk and try this stuff.

you cant really pull the gasket or cut the spring because it still does expand and contract so it would blow past the seal, unless you have the closed system that everybody seems to want to get rid of ... also trying to collect it is not easy but i guess do able... i guess i just really did not see the advantage once i started using it... although it sounds really cool... and you can drink it....

It would likely take a good while to get all of the residual water out of the system so I would not want the system pressurized so that the water can escape. I can't wait to flush out my junk and try this stuff.

They only allow a 3% MAX allowance of water in the system.. My guess is you would have to get really creative to get it all out or have it done with a flush type system, cycling waterless coolant through the cooling system till all the water is out. This could make the initial set up very expensive.

Back