• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP242 to NP231 in 92 xj w/ AW4

Brethammy

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm finally getting back to my neglected XJ and can't quite remember some of the details for the T-case swap.

I have a NP231 with 21 spline input sitting in my garage, what needs to happen to attach this to my AW4

So far I am pretty sure I need to switch the input shaft to the 23 spline.

Not sure what 23 spline I can use, I know length varies between the ax-15 and the AW4. Is there any way to use the input shaft from my 242?

Is there anything else im missing for this swap?

Main reason for the swap is I'm lifted 8in and would rather not use a hack n tap sye, the next mod is a 8.8 ford exploder rear end so I wanna get the 231 in before switching the axle and buying a double cardigan drive shaft.

Had everything planed out a couple years ago and now i can't seem to remember the plan lol.

Thanks for the help, I've been searching and trying to figure it out, if i missed it and this is asked all the time I apologize.

Well I eventually plan on getting a box4rox if I can get ahold of one, since it only mates with the 231, I would only have to buy one SYE instead of buying one for the 242 then buying a second when i put in the box4rox in.

Thanks for the welcome and the link! So from what I've gathered from the link I need a medium length 23 spline input to mate to my post 90 aw4. As long as my 231 has the early cut, short length, wide bearing, I should be able to swap the input from my 242 into my 231. Does that sound right? Can anyone confirm?

Back