• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country LA Alignment

CJCOffroad

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a jeep with a RC LA kit on it, but it has a 4.5" coil with a 1" coils spacer. Something feels out of alignment, and the bushings are shot. Tomorrow I am going to start rebuilding the bushings and joints. Should I use the regular RC lengths for setting the arms? Or should I tweak the specs to compensate for the higher coils?

if it is setup for a 4.5 lift and he has it sitting at 5.5 it is going to feel like crap going down the road.Need to set the arms and alignment up for a 5.5 lift. Also need to check your track bar to make sure your axle is centered.

How do I make sure the axle is centered in the wheel well? It looks like it is offset towards the rear. Can I just run the frame side joint out 1/8" or 1/4" longer than what RC says?

Yes. That is what i did. I think my lowers are set a 30" for 5.5" of lift and the uppers are set to pinion angle. As for centering axle with the trac bar.. Measure from the uni body to the outside of the shoulder tread on the tire. (across the top of tire) Should be able to get with in 1/16 side to side.

Back