• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio harness space behind dash?

SonicCougar99

NAXJA Forum User
Just curious as to what everyone does about the very limited space available behind the head unit for the wiring bundle and make it fit? I've got an aftermarket head unit and the wiring adapter plus OEM wiring takes up so much space I can't get the head unit back in all the way.

Sorry, used to other forums where all of my vehicles are listed in my signature or on my profile.

1989 Cherokee 4x4

you can stash it down underneath the radio, there's plenty of space behind the HVAC panel, so long as you make sure to secure it back away from the lever that operates the blend door.

That's where I kept all the excess wire for my sirius/aftermarket radio install in my 87 MJ.

Either there or there is space to stash it on the left side in the back. you can actually push it back there and down and it will fit quite a bit of it in that area.

I had this issue in my renix, I have a dvd nav screen with a huge dongle :D I ended up extending all the wires and relocating the wire harness behind the gauge cluster. There is a hole in the back left cavity of the radio that feeds into the rear of the cluster.

Back