• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumpstop Plates

1/4" plate will bend super easy.

3/8 will bend if used hard/often.

I'm looking for 3/8" min..

The plate doesn't have to be thick if you support it.

DSCF0007.JPG

I made some, you'll have to talk to XBoBJ about how they work in a few months. I used (iirc) 6 or 7" wide 1/2" steel plate, same thing I used on my U-bolt plates for the MJ.

A few people told me they'd bend, but I've been abusing them for quite some time now and they haven't done so.

I think I still have a couple feet of stock left if you want some of it.

Spring plates with bent ends like stock ones are much stronger then just flat plate. Mine are 3/8" plate with bent ends. My bump stops are 2x3x1/4 rect tubing used to space off the axle tube and down from the framerail. Works good, I may redo the setup and raise the upper shock/bumpstop mount up an inch or two if I can get the leafs to flex better. The rear now sits a little lower, about 1" between the bumpstop and pad.

208wq4n.jpg

I made my own for the total cost of 15 bucks, not all that hard and if you have a drill/drill press, vise, sawzall or portaband it's super easy.

I welded a piece of 2x2x1/4 square tube to the top of my factory spring plate... Welded up the ends, cleaned it up and used 4" rubber stops in the factory location.

Back