• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np231 input shaft swap, need a write up

I have a 21 spline on '90 Renix Jeep. My transfer case just went bad and I am going to use a 23 spline transfer case that I just bought to repair the 21 spline case. I will see what I can do about a write up and some pictures. My plan is to swap the 21 spline input gear into the 23 spline transfer case so that I can use it in my rig. While I am at it I plan on getting a rebuild kit and putting in fresh bearings, clips, snap rings and possible a new chain. Lemme know if you are interested in seeing how I do it.

all done.

EVERYONE do yourself a favor go to sears and pick up a set of lock ring not snap ring... lock ring pliers

my fingers were raw after 45 minutes of trying to get the lock ring on the shaft.

thanks for the offer.

also if yours is in similar shape to mine you might not even need to replace anything. everything looked great inside mine. chain was tight. and minimal shavings on the interior magnet

Back