• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

today's carnage

Vanimal

NAXJA Forum User
so we had an interesting day. first, as we were loading up to go wheeling, the guy i saw on my survailence cameras stealing my jeep's stereo walked by. chased him down for 6-7 blocks while on the phone with the cops, then dealt with the police reports.
so i get finished with that and we get on the trail. about half way in my dog decides to throw down with ocean jet's dog, causing Mike's dog to get some stitches. no clue what started it, but it was probably a jealousy thing. my other dog is a male, so my female dog probably didnt care for Mike's female dog getting along so well with him....
Mike decides to head out, Art and i keep going. i'm the first one to get to the infamous water tank line, and i back up a couple times to get a cleaner shot at it. I can see that Art didn't neccesarily believe me how a few inches off on the line = flop, but i've been there so i decided to trust my gut and realign :D
Art goes next, and puts his jeep on it's side in the exact same spot i did when i learned the hard way. we now have pretty much identical door dents :D

7713550608_fc94258bbb_b.jpg

so we push him back over and he finally realigns and clears it, then we continue on.
we get through most of the trail without issue then i decide to try an obstical that i havent cleared before, now that i have a working rear locker as of yesterday.
i get partially up it, and it seems like i can clear it so i give it a little bump. something didnt seem right, so i look out the window and i see this:
7713552136_1dfab01932_b.jpg

broke the ears off my shafts, ujoint, seperated my upper ball joint, and popped the lower one out of the inner c.
the housing, inner c, steering knuckle, tie rod, and brakes were fine. i pulled the inner shaft out, changed the upper ball joint, and put the lower back in and we continued. sadly, i had forgotten my tools at home with the car stereo thief fiasco, but Art fortunately saved the day and had everything.
i'm sure Art will come through with some better carnage pictures.

Interesting day indeed.

All's I'm saying is that if I would've bothered to air down like you did I would've made it no prob! :)

I'm sure you realize you got lucky on that breakage...could have been a lot worse by taking out your knuckle, C, etc. You got her rolling again in no time.:repair:

More pics...

2euobya.jpg

29maogh.jpg

we now have pretty much identical door dents :D

You better tell Art to keep an eye on his radio he could be next now that you guys have the same door dings!!LOL
So I take it you caught the p&ick.

stop breaking your jeep... you need to drive it to the rubicon in a week :twak:

I'm not going. Our dogs not getting along then the broken shafts. Im tapping out.

Damn dude! Keep breaking your junk left and right! I'm starting to think its lead foot+operator error at this point.:D

And no one bothered to comment on the hot pink steering? What up with that? :dunno:

Damn dude! Keep breaking your junk left and right! I'm starting to think its lead foot+operator error at this point.:D

And no one bothered to comment on the hot pink steering? What up with that? :dunno:

pink **** is SOP for dan, didn't seem important...

:laugh3:

Carnage report for Jazzy. I counted 12 stitches... may be more... and two tubes. Vet said it looks like a single large bit on the inner shoulder (arm pit/chest) is where most of the damage was done and another small bite on the arm, with just a single stitch.

I won't post pics... it's not pretty.

But, she seems much happier today. I think the sedation drugs wore off.

Pink is the new green. ;)

Carnage report for Jazzy. I counted 12 stitches... may be more... and two tubes. Vet said it looks like a single large bit on the inner shoulder (arm pit/chest) is where most of the damage was done and another small bite on the arm, with just a single stitch.

I won't post pics... it's not pretty.

But, she seems much happier today. I think the sedation drugs wore off.

Hope she makes a speedy recovery!

Back