• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best way to release ebrake cable at the bracket?

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
4659901130_98b964026a.jpg

I am about to put in my 8.25 I pulled from the junk yard. What is the best way to release the e brake cables? Is it that cone spring looking guy towards the left of the photo? This is the only thing that fought me in the yard . Pulled the axle in 5 minutes, then spent 25 getting cables off. thanks

you can bend the tabs in with a small flathead screwdriver. If that doesnt work, try using a hose clamp to compress the tabs

thanks, I guess it will be easier in my garage. I pulled the yard one on a day the high was 105 in Florida at noon on my lunch! Needless to say I could not return to the office haha.

I haven't tried this, but looking at it, I bet you could use the split plastic removers meant for fuel and AC lines. Performance tool makes a set, available at auto parts stores, that's only a few bucks, and covers diameters from very small to 7/8 of an inch in 8ths. Just open the right size one up, slip it over, and it should compress all the little tabs at once.

or if the adjuster is free, just loosen the adjuster, release the front cable, then take the whole assembly box and all and just work on it at home instead of on your back at the junkyard.

Back