• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Autopal BULBS any good?

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna order up a pair of autopal E code housings with autopal bulbs on Ebay.
I'm debating the 55/100 or 90/100
I have an LMC harness rated a 90/100 but am a bit wary of running anything at 100% duty. I wonder if the constant 90 watts of heat will damage the housings(???)
I guess first question is it's okay to run 90/100 on a 90/100 harness without worries right?

Second is for thos who have used these bulbs, how long do they last??

I have the same set up 90/100 with the e-works harness. I found a nice big crack 1 day after installing them. It might have been there from shipping and grew with the heat of the bulbs..idk. I emailed the seller and he sent me another. So far no problems have had them for almost a year. But they do get very hot! But dang they are bright!

Side note> If you have factory fog lights the aftermarket harness will make the high beam stay on.. I had factory fogs (98) but not anymore, so I just pulled the relay and it fixed the problem. There is more complicated ways of rewiring them to retain them but Like I said I didnt have them to mess with.

Last edited:
Not a fan of their bulbs, I had one that wasn't properly adhered to the backing, I corrected it to run but will ultimlatey replace with Hellas.

The housings are decent but it does have some stray pattern I don't like.

I have the Putco harness and autopal e codes with 55w autopal bulbs the bulbs are ok, but once they burn out I will be replacing them with some Piaa Xtreme whites

I would plan on replacing the headlight connections if you're going to run high wattage lamps.

I had good luck with the Autopal bulbs, especially considering the price, but I would order a second set of bulbs to keep in the Jeep, regardless of brand. I've been using Sylvania, simply because I can buy them off the shelf here. Will probably order Hella for the next set.

Just ordered the 200mm autopals with the 55/60 whites. I'll try them out and pick up some hella 55/100 whites for when they break.
sound like a good plan?

BTW how hot DOES 100 watts get long term in these autopals? Anything to worry about?

BTW how hot DOES 100 watts get long term in these autopals? Anything to worry about?

From a housing perspective? No.

Make sure to build/buy a headlight harness though or you will burn up your wiring and headlamp switch.

I run 55/100 bulbs in my Autopal housings in one of my Jeeps.

e-autoworks harness and autopal. Was not impressed with the generic 55/60 bulbs that were included. e-autoworks relays got flaky after a few years. Some Honda relays from the junkyard fixed the problem.

The Honda relay part number is 39797-SE0-004. Honda s2000 2000-2007, Pilot 03-07, Prelude 97-01, CR-V 91-01, Odyssey 95-98, Civic 2d 96-00 or 4d 98-00, Accord 2d 98-02 or 4dr 98-02.

Well I went ahead and switched my order to 55/100s.
I'll throw in some 30 Amp inline fuses off the battery now , and then upgrade connectors later.

As soon as the new LMC harness was hooked up my 2 yr old silverstar on the right died in 5 minutes. Guess it just couldn't handle the voltage increase after being spoiled for so long lol.
Glad I'm getting new lights.

I have the eautoworks harness.

and autopal e codes w I think 55/100 in them. And I've had them almost a year maybe and no problems . I'd like the 90/100's not necessarily autopals but I'd like em a touch brighter.

also didn't have any foglamp issues in my 01

Last edited:
I've run the 90/100w Autopals for 3 years without any problems. As for the "not the only person out there", the spread on the E-Code lights keeps the lights at a very reasonable level for oncoming traffic. The key is to make sure you re-aim your lights properly with the higher powered bulbs and also the E-Code spread. I drive on two-lane roads all the time and never had an issue with an oncoming vehicle clicking his lights at me to tell me I'm affecting his vision.

I've run the 90/100w Autopals for 3 years without any problems. As for the "not the only person out there", the spread on the E-Code lights keeps the lights at a very reasonable level for oncoming traffic. The key is to make sure you re-aim your lights properly with the higher powered bulbs and also the E-Code spread. I drive on two-lane roads all the time and never had an issue with an oncoming vehicle clicking his lights at me to tell me I'm affecting his vision.

Oncoming is one thing but think about the people in front of you, particularly lower cars that have low mirrors. There are plenty of times people are in your low beam pattern even when it's properly aimed.

My cutoff line doesn't even come all the way to the trunk of the average car. I made sure I aimed them as low as reasonably possible.

My experience exactly with the Autopal E-codes and 90/100 bulbs.

Back