• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX at the wrecker ...

That all depends on what you need really....... If you have room just buy the whole dang thing....lol then you will have what you need when you need it....

Well, I don't really need anything now for my DD. Of course, some thing will break tommorow. Just thought some one may point out some thing I'm not aware of. I'll go visit.

If you have the space/can afford it buy it and hold it. Or even buy it and part out?

I just got to the wrecker. It's a 1990 Sport. Not exactly what I was hoping for. No ABS. Thinking about the fuel rail, compessor, dash and maybe some other small parts.

Well, that was fun ... I've never done that before. Great feeling to have walking up to a vehicle and wondering what you are going to strip out of it legally!

Cost me $100 and a afternoon out in the sun. A new DRL module (circled below) from NAPA was going to cost me $185.

Radiator upper mounts, TPS and IAC, electric fan, seatbelts.

Now, thats what I needed to hear. I looked at the seat belts and was confused. They were mounted up-side down compared to my XJ. I'm going to go back tomorrow and get the other stuff you listed + rear window washer motor and good working hatch shocks.

pick2.jpg

Score!!! Good job. I had a parts cherokee, an 89 with gray interior. My 88 XJ has the same color interior and so does my 90 MJ. I could go on forever since I bagged everything I could before sending the hulk off. Decklid supports? Clip off as many harness connectors as you can.

nice grab...i love pick and pulls..needa go to one tomorrow smashed up the rear tail light.....hey if that DRL doesnt work out I have a brand new one or if you know of anyone who needs one i have it damn things still in the box I have no idea why I bought it...being in the states I have no need for it. lemme know.

also grab the power window/door switch modules if it has them. Any usable window weatherstrip.

If you can reach it, grab the EGR valve off the manifold as well as the solenoid on the inner fender.

also grab the power window/door switch modules if it has them. Any usable window weatherstrip...If you can reach it, grab the EGR valve off the manifold as well as the solenoid on the inner fender.

Just got to the wreckers. No power anything on this 1990 Sport. I was thinking about that EGR valve, thought it might be to old. There is a 94 & 95 ZJ in the lot as well. I"ll take a look at the tie rods for an upgrade to my XJ.

Ground hog day. Another $100. I think that's all they know how to charge. Got most of the items you guys pointed out.

Could not remove the EGR valve, for some reason my bit would not grab. Got the solenoid and some weather-stripping.

Got the radiator upper mounts (I think?). cruiser54 check circled items in photo to confirm I got the right pieces. Got the TPS, MAP and IAC, electric fan & clutch fan shroud and snipped a number of connectors, hatch shocks and rear wiper motor and feeder hose. I didn't like the seat-belts in the Sport. I went over to a 2001 in the lot and tried to get a more suitable one but got 90% of the way and then got road blocked. I tried to pull the power steering pump but couldn't get those hydraulic hoses off. I was just going to cut those lines but I forgot to bring a blade. Whats the proper way to get those lines off?

Lastly, I was able to pull from a 94 ZJ, the beefier tie-rod. I'll be glad to put that unit in some day.

Over-all a good pick and great experience. I did things to those Jeeps that I haven't done to mine. Good to train on some other vehicle first than mine. I'm done. Thanks all for your input.

pick4.jpg

Last edited:
What is the DRL? I have never seen one of those?

I think you got a better deal on the second trip!!!!

If your heep doesn't have the factory gauges yet and you want to put the one in with gauges that you got you will need the sending units as well. The oil pressure one is at the base of the distributor, the coolant temp is at the back drivers side of the head.... They are different then the non gauge sensors..

337,000 miles! Wonder how she died?

337km = 210k miles. A moment of silence for the "Kidney Car Donor". Pink slip was on the floor.

pick5.jpg

If your heep doesn't have the factory gauges yet and you want to put the one in with gauges that you got you will need the sending units as well. The oil pressure one is at the base of the distributor, the coolant temp is at the back drivers side of the head

The dash cluster I pulled is a direct replacement for what I have in my 1990 XJ. I didn't go back today. They probably would have charged me a $100 for the oil pressure and coolant temp senders. :roflmao:

A two-door, wow!

I would grab that coolant pressure bottle if it isn't cracked around the hose nipple, and also the ECU if it is in there. Probably the B+ latch relay or starter relay (the funky one with the stud on it, iirc) as well. You never know when your ECU is gonna kick the bucket and there are only so many '90s left out there.

Is that a dana 44 rear or a dana 35? It looks like the 35 from the drum brake size, if it is, leave it there.

Also, for future reference, don't bother buying junkyard mechanical fan shrouds, they are always brittle and break easily. And you can get a new Keystone manufactured unit for almost what the junkyard will charge for a well-used one, just order CH3110104 from any Keystone dealer or online parts house. Fits 87-01 4.0L equipped.

Back