• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T Long Arm Squeaking

pfcstone777

NAXJA Forum User
I've had my T&T Long arm kit on for about a year and it has started squeaking around 4 months ago. There seems to be no grease fitting to grease the joints where they connect to the belly pan. My question is, has anyone drilled, tapped, and installed their own Zerk Grease fittings? I want to do this but I am not sure if I will mess up anything in the joint by drilling in the center of it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

i've done it before. take the joint apart first tho dont drill while its in the vehicle. then drill and tap the fitting..works great and its easy

I've had my T&T Long arm kit on for about a year and it has started squeaking around 4 months ago. There seems to be no grease fitting to grease the joints where they connect to the belly pan. My question is, has anyone drilled, tapped, and installed their own Zerk Grease fittings? I want to do this but I am not sure if I will mess up anything in the joint by drilling in the center of it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

At the flex joint? There sure are grease fittings, did you not put them in??

Yes at the flex joint. mine have no holes in them for where a grease fitting would screw in. Looks like I'll just have to take the arms off and do it myself.

I've run T&T arms for 4 years and mine came with Summit Machine flex joints at the belly pan, with grease zerks.
SM-FJXLa.jpg

Summit uses Nylatron GS material for their bearing cups and they do need to be greased regularly to keep them quiet. They suggest a silicone based lube, I use this: http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?catid=14&iid=307&loc=show

I also noticed that a lot of my squeaking went away when I got rid of the factory rubber mount on the Upper Control Arms. I went to a Ballistic fab's "Ballistic-joint" and no more squeaking. It would take some fabrication to work, but got rid of the squeaks.

Back