• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pissed

Lurch

NAXJA Forum User
Can I say that on this forum? Anyway, I just went down to my garage and saw that some a$$bag tweaker (yeah we have them here too) smashed my rear half window and rifled through my XJ. Amazingly only an iPod was stolen. A Kenwood deck, subwoofer, amp and full toolbox were all there for the taking. More pissed about having to replace this damn window now.

Which window, passenger or driver side? I may have one.

welcome to the club. just had someone steal my jeep's stereo last week. caught the effer on video too. i've seen this guy before..... waiting to see him again. it was a local gangbanger.
7689006590_fc08349eeb_o.jpg

Passenger. It's the fixed piece, not the part that rolls down. Off a 97+ if it matters.

At least they broke the cheapest and easiest to replace piece of glass. Those fixed windows are the same between early and late models.

welcome to the club. just had someone steal my jeep's stereo last week. caught the effer on video too. i've seen this guy before..... waiting to see him again. it was a local gangbanger.

no thread and youtube video for this one? you think the word would be out by now... time to make flyers!

Damn, that sucks...

I have a drivers rear door with all the glass in it. If you want it I think that glass is flat it shoould be a mirror image of the passenger side you can have it if you want it. I'm in Pasadena, not too far from Santa Monica.

Scott, if you get ahold of the glass you're welcome to bring it by my place to swap it out if you need a hand.

i'd prefer that this one believes he got away with it....

Dan, you leave the windows down or was he bing curtious and helped you out? Man i hate punk tweakers dirt bag for lack of better words. Cops dont even trip on the petty stuff maybe he will trip and fall walking down the side walk and bump his head just a small bump mind you ;)

Man i gotta start comin to your place for all the free stuff!!!:D

If you left your windows down, police probably won't do anything about it. I left mine open about 2" when someone stole my stereo and CDs a few years back (I was slow to join the iPod era...) and was told that since the vehicle wasn't properly secured, there was nothing they could do.

If you left your windows down, police probably won't do anything about it. I left mine open about 2" when someone stole my stereo and CDs a few years back (I was slow to join the iPod era...) and was told that since the vehicle wasn't properly secured, there was nothing they could do.
he dusted for prints and everything. i have video, they love messing with these gangbangers around here (i assume he is by his atire with the hoodie and whatnot, typical for them). and it's a little different than having no leads. he never even mentioned the windows

i'm going to wire in a silent alarm pretty soon. i can make one out of my wireless motion sensor chime pretty easily. they open the doors and it'll chime in my room and that thing is loud enough to hear throughout the house and wake me up. i used to use it to alert me when the ups guy came, but it was so loud it was annoying so i stopped. i can wire it into my car battery and it'll draw next to nothing.

Last edited:
They should take a report. Don't expect them to canvass the neighborhood looking for the perp, but they should at least take a report.

Back