• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water pumps?

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
What's the best over the counter water pump? This was my first repair right about 4 yrs ago and it's time for a new one. I originally got an NEW not reman from O'Reillys and it held up pretty good. I could go back and get another... But is there something better for over the counter?

Anything new from the auto parts is fine. I don't think certain brands at the auto parts make any difference. The other option is Hesco with their custom impeller.

If it was new it has a lifetime warranty so I would just go and warranty it. Most if not all my part store parts are Oriely parts as I use to work for them. I have never had an issue with them.

Gates from Rockauto. No problems in two years.

I agree about Gates. Got their timing belt kit for my old legacy and the kit was top notch....to bad it had blown headgaskets too! :(

If it was new it has a lifetime warranty so I would just go and warranty it. Most if not all my part store parts are Oriely parts as I use to work for them. I have never had an issue with them.

I ended up swinging by O'Reillys after work. Sure enough, lifetime warranty! Money saved actually allowed me to get upper and lower radiator hoses and belt. Saving the old for trail spares!

Thanks for the "lifetime warranty" tip dude!

Rotational growling noise that is commenly heard from W.P's just before they really take a crap. At Idle i could here it when i put my ear right in the middle of the grill. Didn't leak a drop out of the little weep hole either. But when i got it off.. sounded like dragging a stick across the asfault and the bearing had quiet a bit of play in it.

Last edited:
Back