• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want to get a little more stretch to WB

supernatural

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 w/ RE 3.5" leafs, stock arms, 3.5" coil, sliders & Serious steering. Is there any way i can easily push the rear axle back 2" and the front 2"? I'm well aware of redoing the whole suspension... long arms, relocated brackets, what have you. I'm looking for whatever home type remedies i can do to get a little more room. I have the rear lower 1/4's tucked and the rear axle looks like if it were pushed back it would fit the rear wheel well better and have less chance of bottoming out. Thanks. O, and i'm on 35" KM2's

Streching the front with stock components would be way more trouble than it's worth. In the rear you can get an inch by redrilling your perches.

with stock front arms you can push the LCA's forward by 1/2" by putting a steel spacer in behind the LCA caster adjustment bracket...It's no 2" but it gives you a 1/2". I did this although i also installed adjustable UCA's while I was at it, to set my pinion angle.

its pretty common to push the front axle forward about 1.5" when building new suspension or doing an axle swap. any more and you start running into issues with the steering binding. you may need to move your coil buckets as well (i did)

for the rear axle ruffstuff makes a wheelbase stretch perch kit. its a pretty nifty product good for an inch or 2. but your rearend starts coming close to your fuel tank, and you will have to take into account fender/tire clearance as well.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/2PLUS.html

I got almost two inches out of my RC drop brackets. Not quite "home type remedy," but <$200, and the ride is awesome.

I got another two out back like Zach said: just redrilled the springplate so the centering pin moves forward.

101+2+2=105.

Robert

Back