• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clunking sound coming from right front, any help??

jeepster35

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been hearing this noise for quiet some time now and it's driving me nuts. It will occur every time I hit a bump. I recently installed RC Uca and lcas (bushings were shot and plan on adding a few more inches) and replaced all 4 ball joints (all 4 were shot) but the noise is still there. :banghead::dunno:

I've had jks quick discos on for over a year now and I thought they were wore out so I hung them up but still hear the noise. Anybody have any advice or have had the same problem before? Thanks in advance!

Hub bearings, ujoints, track bar, brack bar bracket

I'd first start by raising the vehicle and making sure your hubs aren't bad, while your under there check your axle ujoints, the bushing at the end of the track bar, steering box bolts, etc

Good luck

even if you just torqued them yesterday, recheck your UCA/LCA bolts. i chased a clunk for weeks when i did my lift, kept finding little things that would make the clunk a little better, and finally ended up having nothing left to check but my LCA bolts again, and turns out my axle side LCA bolt had backed off some how, just enough to make a clunk..

i had all sorts of clunks going on that sounded like one good clunk, i am now clunk free! good luck

So I have been hearing this noise for quiet some time now and it's driving me nuts. It will occur every time I hit a bump. I recently installed RC Uca and lcas (bushings were shot and plan on adding a few more inches) and replaced all 4 ball joints (all 4 were shot) but the noise is still there. :banghead::dunno:

I've had jks quick discos on for over a year now and I thought they were wore out so I hung them up but still hear the noise. Anybody have any advice or have had the same problem before? Thanks in advance!

I have this exact issue too.

My shocks are tight, my UCA/LCA bolts are tight, my discos are tight. My track bar is tight, ALTHOUGH that one bolt hole could be wearing out, I haven't checked that.

I thought it might be my exhaust bumping on the crossmember protecting the t-case, but its a longshot.

Let me know what you find!

Thanks for the input fellas, Once I get off work today that's the first thing on my list. It's been driving me nuts and I can't wait to be clunk free ha. Im hoping it's something simple, I plan on throwing on a few more inches, going up to 33's and regear/beefing up the axles so I'll need every penny I got.

Re: I have this exact issue too.

My shocks are tight, my UCA/LCA bolts are tight, my discos are tight. My track bar is tight, ALTHOUGH that one bolt hole could be wearing out, I haven't checked that.

I thought it might be my exhaust bumping on the crossmember protecting the t-case, but its a longshot.

Let me know what you find!

Will do Fallacist! Hopefully I can figure it out tonight.

are you sure your shocks are the correct length?

I have JK shocks, and I know I've about reached my limit (4"ish lift) It could be them over extending, although mine clunks on the slightest bumps too.

So after countless hours im finally clunk free! i ended up getting really busy when i got off work wednesday so after work last night i put everything aside and focus on the heep. After jacking up the front end i checked around and discovered my left out TRE was going bad on me, which blows my mind because i just installed the Serious 1 ton steering kit back in feburary :banghead:.

Also i discovered that the adjusting lock nut on my RC lca loosened up about 1/2'' (which im positive i tightened down awhile back). So after i noticed that i put alittle more eblow grease on it and tightened it back down, test drove it and no more clunk!

I have heard alot of bad things about the flex joints on the RC arms and people have been saying you can upgrade to curries johnny joints. If so has anyone tried this or is currently running them? Any opinions, pics, tips ,etc..

Well I just jacked up the front end and shook the tires from side to side. I felt movement in the steering so I had someone shake the tires while I was under the jeep with my hands on the steering linkage and seen and felt the movement in the left tre. Something really easy to do. just make sure you have someone to help, it makes it even easier.

Back