• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Insight needed on rubbing pads on new rotors - Sterling 10.25

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
I swapped in a Sterling 10.25 in the back of my XJ. I am running RuffStuff Disc Brake brackets with GM calipers and pads on top of 96 E350 rotors. Which is just like RuffStuff recommends. The only issue I am running into is that the inside of the rotor (i.e. the part of the rotor closest to the hub) is rubbing, rubbing so hard it is blueing the rotor. The outside of the rotor (closest to the wheel) isnt rubbing at all. As far as I can tell the pistion of the caliper is releasing.

My only guess is that maybe the piston is stuck in an odd position to where it is wearing on the inside of the rotor more than the outside. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that both sides are rubbing very hard.

I dont think that the rotor is too big as when I went to slide the caliper and pads over the rotor it went on just fine, with no problems whatsoever.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Are the calipers new/reman/used?
Can you manually "unstick" the caliper by pushing it back away from the rotor, or is it being held up against the rotor by something (i.e. a bracket mounted the wrong way)?

The calipers are remans. I can manually unstick the caliper to push it off the rotor. As far as I can tell I have the bracket mounted correctly.

Did you lube up the slider pins or rails? (not familiar with the setup, just doing some generic troubleshooting here)

Back