• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need interior trim removal help

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to remove the plastic trim that runs down the "A" pillar on my '98...

It looks as if I may have to remove the dash top in order to get this out.

Anyone ever done this without destroying anything?

Number 3 below.

Thanks.

image.asp@catid=I97&grpid=95&sgrpid=0000110

I just replaced the weatherstrip on the drivers door,,,,, That one screw took longer to get out than the rest of the entire job.
If I had a Long thin philips screwdriver it would have been better and the longer and thinner would have been better,er.

I did use an angled 1/4 drive ratchet handle and a small philips bit and did leave a small mark on the pad, It was a 96 ,if that makes a difference in the dash pad.....

Mine is not a late model but I just pulled on it to get the part that goes under the edge of the dash out. Try it on one at the junkyard first. The trim has more give than you would think.

Mine is not a late model but I just pulled on it to get the part that goes under the edge of the dash out. Try it on one at the junkyard first. The trim has more give than you would think.

That sounds about right... Except.....

Looking at both sides I'm thinking that the "A" pillar may have moved when I flopped it. There is about 1/4" gap on the driver's side between the dash and "A" pillar trim and zero on the passenger side (the side I flopped on).

I yanked on it as hard as I could and got nowhere... I'll try again on the driver's side tonight.

Thanks Mike, thanks AJTorris.....

try to remove the glove box cover or just open it. there are screws right there where it closes. those should loosen up the dash a tad and maybe you will be able to get a bit more room

I got it out... What a PITA.

I did have to take the dash out but it still wouldn't come out. The trim piece would move up and down about 1-1/2" but was hitting something behind it that would keep it from coming out.

It's that one screw like Wayne Sihler was talking about. it's half covered by the A pillar trim. It's on the very end plastic piece on the side.

After I got everything loose I still had to pry the A pillar trim away, pull out the door seal in that area, then push the A pillar trim back into place in order to get at the screw.

In other words, 3/4 of the entire dash and the door seal had to come out just to get at that ONE screw.

Thanks.

Back