• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie 91XJ 1st post ever.

RogueAkita

NAXJA Forum User
Hay people, I picked up a 91XJ 4x4 base, 4.0L, AX-15, Dana 30F & 35R. It had a heap of miles 250k w/ half of that tow miles, meaning it needed work. In the last month I have replaced the clutch & throwout bearing, master cylinder & slave + hydraulic line mod to remove plastic line & slip coupler, valve cover & oil pan gaskets, rear main seal, plugs, wires, cap & rotor, front hub assembly, outer axle bearings & seals front & rear brake rotors/drums/shoe/pad. I installed new hood louvers, clutch-fan, 180° t-stat & housing + flowkool water pump. All said, my xj runs around 212° & I'm not sure my e-fan runs. At this point is it better to do the ford fan swap? Also my AX-15 runs well cool but starts walking out with the clutch engaged once warmed up, Any suggestions is appreciated.

Welcome

Welcome, did you join NAXJA?

I'm pretty new myself so I can appreciate what you are doing - just finishing up all the chassis and drivetrain stuff myself so I can do the more fun mods. Going to fix the worst of the body boo-boos then I will lift it.

I picked up a set of the louvers, going to install this weekend - how do you like them?

The e-fan doesn't run until 215oF I think, and if you start talking about cooling, we'll all need to take an Aspirin heheh. I put a hayden fan clutch, new coolant, tstat and housing on mine and it climbs the mountain never crossing 210oF. The only way I can even get my efan to run is to run the AC on a hot day, drive like a madman up my road, and come to a stop in my garage, then it will cross 210oF for a moment and the efan runs.

Hay X E Ryder, yeah I joined, got bit by the XJ bug a couple of months ago. I did see a drop in temp at idle with the louvers by a 3 to 5° drop (195°), at hwy speed unchanged (210 to 213°) is my norm. I did a McCall mtn run with my family in my XJ which gave me some pucker factor at 230°+- for my cooling system. My AX-15 has been on my nerve, my fluid is milky nasty, the PO did not keep her buttoned up so I thinking of picking up both a spare 4.0 & AX-15 and doing rebuilds on both. I mod'ed my seat brackets to use 95GC Slides and seats, much better. If I knew how I'd post some pics. I wasn't kidding people, this is my first post ever. And to think, my jeep motivated me.. wink, wink.

Cool. I have everything lined up to do the cutting tonight. I'm guilty of being bored with straight, flat, featureless hoods. The Run Cool louvers seemed like a good, functional way to go.

All the wore out stuff in my drivetrain has been fixed now and all the bolt on stuff that seemed worthwhile is installed. The motor and AW4 are hanging in there and it's my DD, so I've decided to try and complete everything else and then I'll freshen up the motor when it decides to give up the ghost.

Head over to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account. They make it super easy to upload pix from your computer, and then provide the direct link text so you can post. You said you signed up as a NAXJA member also, you should be able to create some photo albums right here also, pic size has a limit though.

:us:

Back