• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket 0331 head with 2686 cast number?

jeepin11

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone. My buddy's head on his 01 Cherokee recently cracked and needed replacement. I understand the cast numbers are: Year............Casting No 1987-90......2686 1991-95......7120 1996-99......0630 2000-01......0331
So I helped him acquire a head on Craigslist in which the seller claimed it is aftermarket.
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff366/shanerex11/IMAG0381.jpg
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff366/shanerex11/IMAG0382.jpg
As you can see in the pics it is cast #2686? However it has the coil rail mounts and other miscellaneous numbers. Everything else appears to be the same as the 0331 head originally on the jeep. I searched all over the internet and didn't find anything like this.
If anyone has any input on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My only thought on this would be that it was like a generic style head from whatever company that made it that either got the wrong numbers cut out on it, or it was some sort of custom thing for some reason. Other than that, I have got nothing lol. Maybe someone did it to screw with someone though to get just this type of reaction lol. Make 100% sure also that the intake and exhaust ports line up correctly just in case.

Thought about trying to find something like this for my Renix build, but came to the conclusion it would be more trouble and expensive than it would be worth to convert it over to coil on plug... Cool and unique yes, but expensive and complicated, also yes. Got too many other little upgrades that have added up WAY too quickly, so that one got shelved at least for now... If anyone does happen to know who made this head, I would also be interested to know as well. Best of luck with it all!

Paint

Yes its a rather interesting head. Weighs more and has thicker webbing than the 0331 head. It just would be nice to know who made it and what flow rates it has.

Can you snap a pic of the intake/exhasut side ... been curious as to which porting it uses.

Back