• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt/Nut Direction ('99)

notamos

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing the finishing touches on the engine in my '99 XJ. I pulled it for a complete rebuild. Anyway, when putting the belt-driven fan pulley back on, I ran into a problem. When the pulley/fan is bolted down, it appears to be hitting the bolt behind it (bottom right of the pulley). This bolt goes through the timing chain cover AND the AC mount. Can somebody tell me if the bolt head should be on the front (timing chain cover side) or the back (ac bracket side)? I had the bolt head on the back and the nut on the front & it didn't like that. I'm just trying to verify before I go through the trouble of bolting it up the other way (and cracking my beautiful paint job).

-NA

Nobody? Could somebody look @ their Jeep for me? It is the bottom bolt on the AC bracket that goes front-to-back, through the bracket and the timing chain cover.

In case anyone has this same issue. The bolt HEAD is toward the front of the engine, against the timing chain cover. The nut is on the rear, against the ac bracket.

Back