• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix no start

krawler09

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 87 cherokee 4.0 aw4 and I'm having starting trouble. When I bought this it was starting by a push button, but quit starting just turning over and not getting any spark. I replaced the column out of my other xj and now it is not turning over at all but buzzers and blinkers all work. I'm not sure what they hacked into to cut power to the switch. I have replaced the coil itself and didn't help. Does anyone know which wire powers the ign. switch and which color wire powers the icu? Thanks in advance

Note from DJ
X2 what cruiser54 posted
Here is a little more information regarding ignition switch. The Red wire is #12 in size and goes to terminal B-3 on the switch; it is probable the only Red wire going to the ignition switch and it will be hot all the time the battery is connected.

The Yellow wire is also a #12 wire and it goes to terminal I-1. It will be hot in both the start & run position and is probable the only yellow wire connected to the ignition switch.

That ignition switch is very difficult to adjust good luck.

Keep us posted so we know if you need more information or not.

Ok here's what I have now, I got it to start with the button changing the battery. I have everything bolted back up still no start from the key. I have power to the red full time and power to the yellow in run position but I am not getting anything coming out to the starter which should be the orange wire. I have bypassed the NSS to see if that was the problem and didn't work. Also I took the column out of my other Cherokee that worked fine. Any suggestions would help I need to get this thing started by key. Thanks

Back