• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

saddle up?

rookies

NAXJA Forum User
I was at browns camp this weekend went to run saddle up and the top was all filled in with pit run. Nice gravel road now. Is this the end? Sorry no pictures.

Oh sure....AFTER I nearly take my front clip off.....
They must've heard about my carnage.
WHO NARKED!?!?!?!?!

I'm on it. I have sent an email to Jamaal about this and will post up what i find out as soon as i receive his reply.

Last edited:
Jamaal just replied that it was news to him and that he would look in to it.

More info will be posted as soon as it become available

Here is the email reply i just received from Jahmaal.

[FONT=&quot]Aaron, I have been notified that they will be doing some rock pit development to extract rock from that pit. Drilling and blasting will occur this week. I was aware of this through timber sale planning but the trail should not have been affected. We will have to re-route the trail sometime in the near future as the rock pit continues to be developed. I will keep you in the loop as best as I can. I intend on designing the re-route with NAXJA NW when needed. Once the blasting is complete I will evaluate the trail then determine how urgent a re-route is needed. If you guys would like to get started on designing the re-route, lets schedule a date for a site visit and develop a plan. My intention was to have the current trail open as long as it is still there and build a re-route when it is necessary. Please forward any thoughts you may have regarding this. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

I will be getting in touch with Jahmaal this week to schedule the site visit and a work part to re-route the trail.
[/FONT]

as fas as im concerned it wasnt much off a trail anyways so I dont think its a massive loss. Kinda sucks but Im already over it

Thats too bad buddy. Good thing is we get to design a new top trail so we will hopefully be able to make it a bit more pleasing than the last one.

I'm going to make a motion that the giant stump at the top be blasted out of existence.... They're doing blasting anyways, whats another couple sticks of dynamite?
(...not that i'm bitter or anything)

I'm going to make a motion that the giant stump at the top be blasted out of existence.... They're doing blasting anyways, whats another couple sticks of dynamite?
(...not that i'm bitter or anything)

I would agree with perhaps trimming the roots back a bit. But I would keep the stump itself. It's a great place to take pics from and ads a sort of barricade at the top.

That may be the reality of it. My hope is that we can keep the entire hill climb has long and as much as possible.

I agree.

Thank you Aaron for taking leadership with this. I wish I had a little more room in my schedule to be more involved! Keep us posted!

Another Mini Rubicon? with a possible addition of a bypass?
(not a bad idea) ...the location is right, the grade is right.... just need to bring in a dozen or so big ass rocks to strategically place.... and I thin we'd have a winner!

Back