• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive shaft ?

Tobyxj

NAXJA Forum User
Driveshaft ?
Hi all I have a 92 just put a 44 under the front I a have a 9in for the rear already installed t/case with SYE. SYE has a yoke that will allow me to use a stock front drive shaft in a worst case thing. I've searched info o a square tube shaft what do you guys think of making one pros cons ? I put it on a trailer so speed is not a issue for me thanks for any info

I have seen square tubes used as front driveshafts in off road vehicles a few times.they are easy to make. Cheap. Clank and vibrate if your going faster that a few miles an hour.vibration can lead to axle bearing failure and t case failure.but if using it for low speed crawling and wont be spinning up yhe rmp and wheels. They are down right cheap and work

If you're cheap and like hack, then sure. It would be easier to just take a stock front shaft and cut/sleeve it to fit with a piece of 1.75" DOM. Keeps things straight and true and even without balancing usually spins vibe free-ish.

Thanks for the input I think I'm going with square up front and eather buy one for rear of cut and extend one thanks again guys

Thanks for the input I think I'm going with square up front and eather buy one for rear of cut and extend one thanks again guys
do it proper and shorten a stock frt shaft

classic "thanks for the advise I'm not going to take it"

I've considered square tube driveshafts, but I hit 30+ on the trails sometimes and drive it on the road too, it probably wouldn't end well. If I was only going to crawl it I probably would.

Like I said thanks for the advise. You didn't see my post in look what I did today did you ? Nope because I took advise thanks again :cheers::cheers:

Back