• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust header

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone used the Gibson Header? If so where there any fitment issues? Or direct replacement?

Or is an OE one a better choice?

Last edited:
I have the ss ceramic coated one. Installed fine. I needed it b/c the Banks Revolver which was my first choice did not clear my supercharger manifold. You will be happy with either- Gibson or Banks.

Marty, did you follow gibsons install instructions and remove the DS motor mount? Guess that's a good time to replace that to huh?

Instructions? I don't read no stinkin' instructions.
But to answer your question, No I did not remove the DS motor mount. I don't see why that would be necessary.

Maybe remove the motor mount to install from the bottom. I took the intake off at the time of install.

Let us know how well it works, the design of the collector is so different.

the Gibson header comes with instructions? I didnt even notice them in the box when i did mine. Didn't unbolt the MM either, had no issues installing it (well, bolt #3 on the bottom was a pain to get to, had to use an open ended wrench from the bottom)

What year XJ does the OP have? I'm trying to decide what header to go with on my '01 XJ as I need to replace the pre-catalytic pipe as well... might as well do it all at once right. :)

Price, location purchased are helpful as well. Thx.

Close. Its actually a 91.

Doesn't the 01' have the double cast manifolds with with 2 pre cats?

Correct... My '01 has the split manifolds and the 2 pre-cats...

my pre-cats are bad and in need of replacement so I was just going to swap the manifold/header while I was taking it apart.

Back