• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing 38620 / 38621 Extended Brake Lines

cipher

NAXJA Forum User
I installed my extended brake lines today. When looking at pictures that others have posted of their install, I noticed some installed the caliper end straight up instead of the way the stock lines install. I tried installing the lines that way, but wouldn't be able to get my brake wrench around the bleeder screw. I don't have the type with the notch cut out. Am I doing something wrong or is the way I installed them good enough?

Hmmm... When I do this, the hard line is right up against the bleeder screw. What year is your Jeep? Maybe the calipers are different? I'm going to have to look at it again tomorrow before I bleed the brakes. I'd rather them be straight up.

So I couldn't wait. I just went out and tried it again. I was able to get the hard line to move over just enough for me to fit the bleeder wrench on. However, at full turn it's almost touching the upper ball joint. It's dark out and I don't feel like setting up lights so I'll have to look closer tomorrow.

Small tube benders, FTW!
I wasnt able to install my brake lines vertical due to the notch on the one side. So I had to install them facing backwards, but they were straight and didn't allow much flex beyond the sway bar. I borrowed a couple small tube benders from a co-worker of mine and was able to bend them slightly inward and vertical. Lots of space now!

I didn't have a tube bender like I thought, so I went and got one from Autozone. I wasn't able to bend the hard line with it. It's too wimpy. I installed them straight up for now and will keep an eye on them.

When I installed the passenger side, I had to grind of a bit of the hard line box end. The positioning notch on my caliper was preventing it from sitting flat. Took a flap disk to it and now it sits perfect.

I remember that I hate bleeding brakes. I want to get a Motive Power Bleeder!

Back