• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME or RE Coils for 4.5" lift

cipher

NAXJA Forum User
I need to buy coil springs for my 4.5" lift. I have OME leaf packs and Nitro Sport Shocks. My plan was to run OME2930 coils since my JCR bumper only weights about 65lbs. However, with the 930 coils, I'll still need to run 2.5" of spacers to reach 4.5".

I've also tossed around the idea of getting RE1341 coils, but the main reason I chose OME was DD ride quality.

Any suggestions on what I should do? I'd like to order my coils today.

I love my O.M.E. Lift.
I got the sup. Ultimate 4-4.5" hybrid from DPG offroad. And love my O.M.E. Ride

when I told Dirk I was doing my bumper and winch at the same time as lift he changed the front springs in my hybrid kit.

You could allways call and talk to Dirk he will set you up proper and sells R.E. As well

I did talk with Dirk. He suggested the 930 coils. However, I didn't like that he said I may have to use multiple spaces to hit 4.5".

Yes, I'm getting 4.5 - 5" out of my OME-CS033RB leafs. At first I thought it was 5.5", but once I pulled the Jeep to the street where it is completely flat, I'm just over 4.5". That is with running stock shackles and after pulling off my HD Offroad shackle relocation brackets.

I love the ride of my 4 inch DPG/OME kit and yes it has a two inch spacer.

I just bought RE 4.5 coils from Serious 2 months ago and paired with some Bilstein 5100s the ride is spec-freaking-tacular. Can't beat $70 for a PAIR either...

If ride and handling is what you're looking for, get some Deaver coils. Sure they're more expensive, but they get you the lift without spacers, and are awesome in everything I've tried them...street, sand, rock, mud, trail, etc.

It is more money, but you could always runs some ACOS with your OME coils. I think for the price that the 4.5 Re coils are good. I probably would have gone that route to replace my horrible RC coils, but I got a great deal on some Tomken stuff.

I think I'm just going to get the 930's and run my 2" spacer and shim. The RE's appear to give people 4.5-5.5". Then I would have to do something to bring the back up. If I want to go higher down the road, I can put my shackle relocation brackets back on and add ACOS.

Yes, I'm getting 4.5 - 5" out of my OME-CS033RB leafs. At first I thought it was 5.5", but once I pulled the Jeep to the street where it is completely flat, I'm just over 4.5". That is with running stock shackles and after pulling off my HD Offroad shackle relocation brackets.

And you can get a balance suspension with that travel in the rear and just 2" coils in the front? I mean, it's the same coils of 4" that coils of 2" and spacers?
Sorry my ignorance.

I figure that as long as the 930's give me 2" and I add the 2" spacer / .25" stock shim, I'll be around 4 - 4.25". This will give me a bit more lift in the back to account for when I'm pulling or carrying a load. It sounds good in theory. We'll see what happens when I get the coils installed.

I figure that as long as the 930's give me 2" and I add the 2" spacer / .25" stock shim, I'll be around 4 - 4.25". This will give me a bit more lift in the back to account for when I'm pulling or carrying a load. It sounds good in theory. We'll see what happens when I get the coils installed.

What I still can't understand is what are the advantages/disadvantages of using shorter coils with spacers or larger coils.

I guess I will have to read more about suspensions.

Upgradeability. If I go with 2" springs, I'm limited to about 4" - 4.5". If I buy 4.5" springs, I can go higher in the future without replacing springs. Adding spacers doesn't negatively affect shorter springs.

Back