• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t style steering vs Y type steering

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
i did a ota steering swap. i am running a T style steering linkage and i have installed all the spacers. i was wondering if anyone has used the right hand drive drag link and if there is less slop in the steering than the T style.

Inverted T is known for its bumpsteer.

i would have to disagree.

if the trackbar in the right spot there should be none.

There is the dead spot issue which people with taller lift heights encounter due to the drag link being at such a steep angle. but i never had any being over the knuckle and never over 5" of lift.

Drove a buddys YJ on the freeway once, it was downright scary until you learned to expect it.
Been much happier since I went to crossover steering.

OP: by spacers, do you mean the poly bushings to prevent tie rod roll?

how much lift? utk or otk? is it a kit? whos kit? what is your caster set at?

6.5 lift.long arm radius style. Over the knuckle. All from Rusty,s. Im running the heavy duty steering linkage with tie rods and not the heim joint style.the track bar relocations bracket and track bar.last time I checked at was near 5 degrees caster. Im affraid to put anymore because of ujoint angle.it rides nice .handles like a lifted XJ. off road it works awsome

Back