• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA 30th Anniversary Event.. how to get there?

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
I know a couple years back there was an idea of an Auto transport of sorts to Moab for an event. I think it would be a good idea to consider, I really want to go, especially since its the time of my bday next year.

Just a thought, you can tell me if this is turrable idea.

Last I checked, you could carry passenegers in a 5th wheel, so long as they were in radio contact with the driver.

If not,maybe a bus, flat towing 15 jeeps?

If i have to drive my shit there I will. It be nice to tow it up though ;) Or... Rent a Uhaul Chingadera and Borrow a truck from someone.

I can picture it now, a car carrier rolling down the freeway loaded up with lifted XJ's, everyone sitting in the Jeeps getting bombed, a few people taking leaks out of their windows...

As far as people getting there, I was possibly thinking a rental passenger van, like one of those enterprise rent-a van carpool deals. Or, I am sure some here have a van/RV similar..?

What a picture. :D

I've driven my XJ to Moab a bunch of times.

As far as people getting there, I was possibly thinking a rental passenger van, like one of those enterprise rent-a van carpool deals. Or, I am sure some here have a van/RV similar..?

How many jeepers can we pack into the van of tears?
Bonus points if we can cover it in carpet a la Dumb and Dumber

When I did Moab in 94-95 there were a couple semi's that hauled Jeeps up but they were flat bed low boy trailers not car haulers, although I know a couple that might haul for you guys. I have a 15 passenger 4x4 van that I'd carry 5-8 for comfort. I should be a.member by then

I drove there from NY two summers ago you guys with your trailers are pansies :p

You must build your rig better :gee:

I figured out a long time ago that it's wise to be prepared than to walk HOME. Hence I tow. I broke my front driveshaft weld on the drive shaft I made after I had to lengthen it for the crawl box I put in 14 months ago. I was in Big Bear on the waterfall. Someone had blocked one of the approaches so I had to really cut it hard to the right. I attempted to do a front dig. It was successful but upon getting it straight the weld broke perfectly enough to have been able to weld it as was! I made it 1/4 way up and winched out. After continuing further I had to get on it up some knarly stuff and snapped a rear axle that already had shown some twisted splines on it. 20 years those 28 spline shafts have been in the rear axle without failure. All those years I've trailered or towed, I could have drove it home with the single axle but it would have hurt the locker. If I had a welder all the grief would have been spared.

Back