• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I need to replace foam on headliner or can I just mount material to fiber board?

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
I took off head liner and scraped of all the old foam and glue. I have only seen one headliner fabric that comes with the foam attached but it was pricey. Has any one just spray glued material right to the board? thanks

Yes, but make sure its a blend material that wont shrink. You can buy that spendy spray glue and have it bleed through like mine did or you can buy some dap weldwood and brush it on with out bleed through plus the temprature rating is all that matters and weldwood is the same temp rating as the expensive 3m spray. I used the spray on the headliner and weldwood on visors. Ended up redoing headliner cause of bleed through. Might not notice bleed through on dark colors but it was noticeable in the white/gray parts of my material which was a gray/white/black urban camo pattern. Heck I even did the rear sound bar aswell.

I took off head liner and scraped of all the old foam and glue. I have only seen one headliner fabric that comes with the foam attached but it was pricey. Has any one just spray glued material right to the board? thanks

How pricey is pricey? Did you go to a fabric store...I thought it was cheap. The stuff online, twice as much. JoAnn's fabric store has headliner in several colors for fairly cheap considering it's the right stuff.

How pricey is pricey? Did you go to a fabric store...I thought it was cheap. The stuff online, twice as much. JoAnn's fabric store has headliner in several colors for fairly cheap considering it's the right stuff.

Agreed. Check your local fabric stores. I think I paid $20 for enough foam backed headliner fabric to do mine.

Do not buy the headliner material at pep boys, oreally, etc. Despite the fact thqat a cherokee is used on the package, the roll is about a foot short.

Thanks for tips. So I just glued on the front 1/2, i am going to do the back 1/2 tomorrow. I have a 2001, my question is do I have to make relief cuts around the sound bar area. It doesn't look the material will conform to all the different curves....

Back