• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$1500 Donation to Land Use

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
A week from today is the quarterly SBNF Adopt A Trail meeting in Corona.

I will be presenting $1500 ($1000 from National and $500from the SoCal Chapter) to the SBNF Friends.

It would be nice to have a showing of SoCal Chapter members at the meeting.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1086732

go NAXJA!

All you black name users lurking around, take notice. THIS is what your membership dues go to! LOCAL assistance to maintain LOCAL trails.

:cheers:

if i make decent progress with work i may be able to roll up. i'd like to check it out anyways.

This is great. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...............but does it really make a difference?
(I'm a noob at adopt a trail stuff, and have not researched it yet)

This is great. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...............but does it really make a difference?

I'll let Karstic field a better answer to this, but the short and dirty version is it costs money to keep the trails in the SBNF open. be it clearing downed trees, funding the maintenance of the campgrounds... everything from the bathroom facilities at the non-primitive campgrounds to every trail map and pamphlet they give out. The govt cuts funding every year to our OHV areas and donations like this make every dollar they get in funding stretch a little bit further. :guitar:

Absolutely!

A lot of the money that the SBNF needs to run and manage the OHV program on the forest comes from State Green Sticker funds. The FS submits a grant application every year to the California State Parks OHV division. The State awards grant money based upon how much the applicant can "match" their request with volunteer hours and donations from other sources, among other things.

So in essence the more hours that are volunteered to the FS the greater the possibility for getting funds granted.

The money that we are donating to SBNF Friends will be used to buy equipment and supplies that the SBNF does not have the funds for.

If it were not for the AAT program there would be very few roads and trails open on the SBNF. No John Bull, no Dishpan, no Gold Mtn, no Holcomb Creek.

This money goes to "on the ground work" not some lobbying agency up in Sacramento.

Back