• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deleted A/C - Make the Aux Fan work again?

VET'S XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, so I tore out all the a/c stuff on my 95. It is used on the trail mostly with half doors so I wanted to clean up the engine compartment and try to improve some air flow. Now that the a/c compressor is gone, the auxiliary fan no longer comes on with engine temp. I have it wired up with an override switch and that works fine, but it wont come on with the defrost or just with engine temp. Are there some wires that I need to "jump" on the old a/c compressor connector to complete the circuit again?

Thanks!

You need to wire the switch into the existing fan relay on the drivers side fender (if you didn't already delete that too.

Which switch, the a/c switch or my override?
My override switch is wired through the existing fan relay and worked either automatically (engine temp or a/c turned on) or by my override switch before I took the a/c out...it still works on the override just not on its own.

Souske...you are right it does still come on, not sure why I thought it wasnt...maybe i didnt let it get hot enough or the temp gauge isnt reading quite right. I am working through some cooling system issues and this is one thing off the list. Thanks!

Well it is all fixed up, We went round & round finding some parts. We found that there some differnces on aftermarket & factory parts. Happy your rig is ready to hit the Con next month.

Back