• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

harmonic ballancer replacment

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone installed a new harmonic ballancer made by powerbond.i opted for an aftermarket ballancer because a mopar one superceeds to a new style requiring the timing cover to removed and the crank oil slinger discarded and timing cover reinstalled.i installed the powerbond with a harminic ballancer installer tool. it will not install any further. it is not lined up with the belt. there is no notes or paperwork in the box. box was sealed. i checked with the parts store they have no notes on there catalog. i emailed the compnay after an internet search. they are in Australia.im at the point thinking i may have tp remove the timing cover and remove the oil slinger.

I'd suggest pull it off and compare it to your old one. Any chance the woodruff key got cocked on you and it just "feels" like its all the way on?

Back