• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper control arm hitting driveshaft w/ Drop brackets: FIX?

Mike1331

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody else have this issue? I noticed this while flexing on the Rubicon this weekend to check everything out in this shot that it was touching...
Con2012120.jpg

I'm scared i'm going to brake a driveshaft ubolt strap and sheer the bolt heads off now.

My front driveshaft ujoint at the pinion is hitting the middle of the control arm. Right at the strap bolts. I don't see how i'm going to fix this short of moving my upper arm w/ different brackets or getting a bent upper controll arm.

I'm running fixed RE uppers and lowers w/ RE drop brackets.

I noticed a buddy on the con this weekend was also hitting in the same spot w/ his radius arms on his mj. His upper jam nut on his driver radius arm was hitting.

Agreed.
I'd take off the wheels/tires, and measure out from the frame rails (in the same place/angle/position) to the rotor face on each side, and see where your at. Use of a couple straight edges may come in handy for this. I've used a couple yard sticks,(one on each side) duct-taped to the rotor to make it easier.
I'd lay odds, that you need to adjust the track bar. Loosen that bad boy up, bounce the front end up and down a few times, (this usually will allow the jeep to "self center" itself over the axle) and adjust the track bar as needed.

Id agree to not centered. Mine did same thing. RE adj. arms and everything. Once I got axle positioned right it stopped

Back